Chapter 19- Scream..

I grabbed a diet soda from the fridge downstairs, I had just got home from school and it was pelting down with rain, It was freezing cold outside but toasty warm inside. I ran upstairs and placed the can on the side table, I walked over to my window, staring out over the soaking wet street, I hated rain. the way it smelt, the way it sounded, the way it felt.  

"An innocent teenage girl.. all alone.. in a big house..  at night.. while it rains.. what a perfect scene for a horror movie" I said to myself as I ran my fingers over the icy glass, the thunder started with a great clap causing my to jump. My eyes wandered around my bedroom until they stopped on a stack of DVDs that mum had bought at a cheap sale. 

I walked over to them slowly and examined each cover carefully, 
"hmm.." I thought to myself "Stay up all night studying or a movie night..?" about a week ago I would've turned down the movies and pulled out my books.. but tonight I felt different.. I grabbed the movie on the top of the pile and raced over to the TV that sat there, mounted to my wall.
I quickly slipped the movie into the DVD player and pressed play, as the starting  credits rolled through I flipped the cover over and began reading the plot aloud to myself. 

"High school student Casey Becker receives a flirtatious phone call from an unknown person, asking her, "What's your favorite scary movie?" The situation quickly escalates out of control as the caller turns sadistic and threatens her life. He reveals that her boyfriend Steve is being held hostage. After failing to answer a question correctly about horror films, Steve is murdered. When Casey refuses to cooperate with the caller, she is attacked and murdered by a masked killer, and her body is hung from a tree-" I stopped reading and looked up at the screen. 

"Great..I've picked a horror movie.." I thought aloud, I started watching and couldn't turn it off. by the middle of the movie I had my knees to my chest and the blankets near my chin, oh I how I was frightened.. 

The thunder clapped loudly with a great strike of lightening, I screamed loudly as it made me jump, why was I being such a wuss?! As another suspense scene started, I felt myself on the edge of the bed, ready to run up and turn it off when.. The power went out.

I froze, the speakers made a rather loud popping sound when the power was cut, My heart was once again beating like a kick drum. 
"It's just a power shortage Des.. nothing but a power failure.." I slowly stood up from my bed, trying to contain my shakiness, ready to go out to the fuse box and fix things.

I took one tiny step forward when I heard a quiet tapping on my window, almost like someone was trying to get inside. I jumped and flew back into my bed, pulling the covers over my head and slowly reaching out to my side table to grab my small flash light and knocking over my can of drink. 

I slowly switched on my flashlight and shone it at the window, there was a shadow of someone hanging from my window and fiddling with the lock from the outside. I was shaking uncontrollably as I turned off the flashlight and hid under the covers. 
"oh god oh god oh god oh god" I whispered to myself shakily.

The sound of the lock hit the ground and the only thing I could go was run for it, I shot up out of my bed and began running for the staircase , i got about two stairs down before I felt a tight grip around my upper arm, I gasped as I was pushed against a wall, my eyes were squished shut. 

The other persons warm breath traveled across my face as the hands took hold of my hips, I knew who it was right away as their lips pressed against mine. I would remember those lips anywhere! It was Trouble. I smacked him across the head, he pulled away from the kiss and I couldn't see his expression as it was too dark.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" He yelled
"For cutting my power and sneaking in through my window, there IS a front door you know!" He chuckled,
"I didn't cut your power.."
"sure you didn't.."
"No I'm serious, the whole street has no power" He chuckled "it's the storm that did it"

I shook my head before his lips met mine once more, when our lips were together it felt like heaven. He smirked against the kiss as I tilted my head slightly, he was a pro at kissing. He pulled away slowly
"It's kind of dark in here don't you think..?" He said softly, I chuckled
"Just a little.."
"Why don't we get out of here..?"
"and go where..?" He chuckled and took one of my hands into his.

"anywhere.." 
"Trouble I-" He covered my mouth with his hand, 
"shush.. your parents aren't here to stop you.." I sighed loudly as he slowly moved his hand away,
"My cars parked out the front.. I promise I'll get you back by sunrise, I don't know why you care so  much, it is Friday.. nobody goes to school on Friday" He chuckled
"Trouble, Everyone goes to school on Friday.."
"I don't" I shook my head as he began dragging my towards to window, he flung it open and jumped out effortlessly.

"Trouble, I'm taking the door like a normal person!" I called down to him,
"aw c'mon Little Miss Innocent!"
"My names-"
"I don't care" I groaned and rolled my eyes before walking away from the window, a felt a small rock hit me in the back of the head. 

"HEY!" I screamed running over to the window once again, 
"what you gonna do about it?" Trouble chuckled leaning against his car,
"I'm gonna come down there and.. and.."
"and..?" he laughed loudly as I shrugged.
"Just jump out the window, if you fall, I might catch you.. if im feeling nice enough!"
"and if you're not feeling nice enough..?" He opened his car door slowly
"then I drive-away, leaving your life less body on the ground" I rolled my eyes once more, 
"Charming"
"Very" He chuckled before. 

I looked down over the  cold concrete floor, 
"nope im taking the door.." I murmured before stepping away from the window once more, 
"YOU'RE SUCH A CHICKEN!" He yelled out, and it got to me,
"THAT'S IT!" I screamed as I leaped from the window.

as the hard ground got closer to me I shut my eyes, luckily, I landed on my feet,
"well done.." he clapped slowly as I took afew bows before walking over to his car.

My mother always told me to never get in cars with strangers.. But I have another rule for you kids,

Never get in a car with someone by the name of Trouble.