Chapter 10- Party Time!

I stood in the bathroom combing through my hair as I waited for the hair straightener to heat up
'I still can't believe i'm doing this..' I thought to myself as I  pinned half my hair back so that I could start off by straightening the bottom half. I picked up my straightener by the handle once the Green light flashed and pulled my hair into little sections, letting the straightener glide over each piece gently. I couldn't help but think about how much of a bad idea this was, going out to a party with free drinks, and when I say drinks I do not mean apple juice, I mean beers and other alcohol!

As I straightened the last piece of hair close to my neck, my phone started ringing loudly, making me jump and slip, burning the left side of my neck, I hissed at the burning sensation and droping the boiling hot straighter to the ground. I answered quickly after the pain had died down ever so slightly.
"Hello..?" I said through gritted teeth as I picked up my straightener slowly and ran my fingers across the burn.

"DESTINY!" a voice squealed from the other side of the phone, It was Jess, as always.
"Hey.." I splashed some water over the burn which only made it sizzle that little bit more.
"are you busy?" she spat in an upbeat tone, whenever she asked me if I was busy, it was always because she wanted to yap on and on from subject to subject.
"kind of.." I hissed as I dabbed the burn with a towel, this was defiantly going to leave a mark.

"You're doing homework aren't you?" she laughed, I began straightening the top layer of my hair while I put the phone on loud speaker and placed it onto the side of the bathroom sink.
"Actually I'm not.." I chuckled
"then what are you doing..? reading..?"
"I'm getting ready for a party" there was a silence for about 5-10 seconds before she responded.
"Destiny Willows, going to a party? on a school night?!" she burst out into laughter thinking that I was joking.

"Now seriously, what are you doing?
"I told you, I'm getting ready to go to a party"
"wait.. you're serious?" I chuckled
"yes i'm serious, now can I please go back to getting ready with no distractions?" Jess let out a sigh
"okay.. but I want to know everything that happened at the party tomorrow at school!" she made kissy noises before the end call tone rang. Was it so hard to believe that I was going to a party on a school night? I think i can answer that question: yes.. yes it was.

After abusing my hair with the straightener and putting some makeup on my face and the burn to cover it up as much as possible I slipped into a pink skin tight dress that Jess had bought me for my birthday, hoping that I would go out to a party with her. luckily, instead of getting rid of it because I thought I would never wear it, I kept it. I pulled out a box containing some shoes, hoping that I would come across a nice pair of heels to wear with this dress but all I had in there were sneakers.

"MUM!" I screamed, sitting on the floor with the box in-front of me, she came running up to my room and opened the door slowly
"Is that a probably hunny..?"
"Do you have a pair of shoes that I could wear..?" I would always borrow my mums shoes as she had small feet and we wore the same size.
"I think I have a pair.. give me two seconds" Mum ran from my room and returned moments later with a pair of silver heels.
"I never wear these, you can keep them" I took them from her and smiled.

'I wont be needing to keep them because i'll never wear them again' I thought to myself as I wanted this party to be a one night thing. I slipped them on and walked over to my full lengthed mirror, admiring the way I looked. By the time I had finished getting ready it was time to go, I made my way down the stairs slowly.

When I was in mums sights she smiled brightly,
"You look beautiful baby.." Dad looked over his shoulder from the Television and smiled.
"Remember, home by nine" I nodded
"I'll see you then" I smiled before walking over and placing a kiss on both of their cheeks and walking out to my car.

When I pulled up to the front of the house, I let my eyes travel around the front yard, people were rolling up in groups and I was probably the only one that came alone. I stepped out of the car slowly and looked up to the sky as the sun began to set. The sound of music and teenageers screaming filled my ears as I approached the door, It was wide open so I walked straight in. Nearly everyone stopped their conversations to look at me, they were all in shock that someone as innocent as me had turned up to a party like this!

"Destiny! you made it!" I heard a voice yell from behind me, I turned around slowly to see Sam standing with a beer in his hand, I smiled over at him,
"I have to be home by nine though!" I yelled over the music, he laughed
"Yeah, okay, good-luck with that!" I shook my head as He took a sip from the beer he was holding,
"You look beautiful!" He said with a sweet smile, I could feel my cheeks burning up
"Thank-you! you don't look too bad yourself!" He chuckled slightly before looking around the room.
"Let's go outside, the people in here are boring!" before I could answer I was basically being dragged to the backyard.

As soon as I stepped foot outside, the smell of cigarette smoke filled my nose causing my eyes to water, I quickly placed my hand over my nose my mouth. Sam laughed
"You'll get used to it!" I nodded slowly, my eyes darted back and forth around the party, you could tell that alot of people were already tipsy and all the smoke around was giving me a headache, I was starting to realise how bad of an idea this was.

"Want a beer?!" Sam asked, holding out a cold beer he had grabbed from an esky near his feet, I shook my head
"I dont drink"
"You're no fun!" he laughed before pulling his phone from his pocket.
"I'll be back in a minute" He smiled and went to walk off before turning back to me
"and Destiny, loosen up, it's a party! have a little fun!" He laughed and ran off.
"and it's also a school night.." I mumbled to myself as I rubbed my arm awkwardly, looking around at all the people dancing and screaming.

"Destiny...? Didnt think you would be here.." I heard a husky voice breath onto the back of my neck.

I knew straight away that it was Trouble.. and I knew that if he was at this party.. it was defiantly a bad idea.