Chapter 14- Denial

The next morning I was up at my normal time, I stood in-front of  my mirror brushing through my tangled hair, I was so tired as I didn't get to sleep until about 2am.  I could feel my eyes drooping but I wouldn't let myself fall asleep! My hair became soft and silky as the knots brushed out easily. I pinned my hair back into a high pony tale. The burn that was on my neck had gone to a purply red colour and looked exactly like a 'hickey' or a 'love bite'. I groaned and covered it with as much makeup as possible.

I made my way downstairs slowly, Mum was sitting on dads lap, their lips locking. Sometimes it was cute that my parents still acted like a teenage couple but other-times it made me sick to the stomach.
"Seriously guys? It's 7am.." They pulled apart and looked up at me smiling.
"are we not allowed to show each other we love one another in the mornings?"
"I'm sure there are other ways you can express your love for each other.. like breakfast in bed or something" They both laughed and went back to kissing.

I rolled my eyes and walked out of the room,
"OH! I forgot to tell you!" Mum said running after me
"oh it'sa miracle you aren't eating dads face! you're not hungry anymore?" I chuckled slightly,
"har har har" she laughed sarcastically,
"Did you hear about the party that happened last night? the one where the police got called, apparently they were dealing drugs there and everything" she shook her head and smacked her lips,
"I actually hadn't hear about that.." I lied, I was there.

"Irresponsible children, I'm just happy you went to a responsible party with that nice boy that was here last night.. apparently when the police showed up everyone ran for it" I laughed slightly
"Yep,, that's probably what happened" Then it hit me, was I one of those irresponsible children that ran for it when the police showed up, I started to feel sick once more as the guilt built up inside my stomach.

After a long talk with mum about how proud of me she is for being a responsible daughter I finally made my way to school, As soon as I stepped foot out the car I was spear tackled to the ground by Jess.
"TELL ME EVERYTHING, FROM START TO FINISH, WHAT HAPPENED WHEN YOU GOT THERE?! WAS IT THAT PARTY THAT THE COPS CAME TO?! HOW MANY GUYS DID YOU DANCE WITH? DID YOU KISS ANYBODY?!" she paused and gasped before adding "ARE YOU STILL A VIRGIN?!" I laughed and looked up at her as she sat on my stomach straddling me.

"Well first of all nothing happened with anyone so don't get to excited.." I said ignoring that fact that me and Sam kisses.
"It was the party where the cops showed up but they had no idea I was there.."
"Did you drink?" I went to shake my head but then nodded slowly as I knew I couldn't lie to my best friend.
"OH MY GOD!"
"It was only three drinks and it was because someone gave them to me" she laughed as she looked down at me.

"So who did you dance with? don't tell me you didn't dance!"
"I danced!"
"With..?"
"People.."
"and that peoples name is..?" I hesitated before answering
"Trouble.." She clapped wildly in excitement and laughed loudly
"I KNEW YOU LIKED HIM!" she screamed
"WOAH I NEVER SAID THAT I JUST SAID I DANCED WITH HIM... AND WHY ARE YOU STILL ON ME?!" I pushed her off and stood up, dusting myself off.

She laughed and did the same, we began walking to to lockers,
"So what kind of dancing was it..? was it like the kind of dancing you do when you go out with friends.. or was it the whole 'I want to get in your pants' kind of dancing" I laughed as I put the combination for my locker in and opened it.
"Abit of both.." she was jumping up and down in excitement.
"I mean, he was doing the whole 'lets get to know each other' dancing and I was just trying to have a good time, he was all up in my grill!" she laughed loudly.

"and did you guys.. like.." she began making loud kissy noises. I shook my head
"No.. ew.. god no.." she laughed as I flicked my pony tale over my other shoulder revealing the burn, she gasped.
"Destiny's got a hickey, Destiny's got a hickey!" she sang in a sing song voice, I rolled my eyes.
"Actually no, It's a burn!"
"Oh I'm sure it is" she winked at me.
"NO I'M SERIOUS!"
"Oh yes.. I believe you" she sarcastically said
"I burned myself with the hair straightener because YOU called me and it scared me!" she laughed loudly.
"You can make up as many backup story's as you like, I'm just saying that it looks like someones gotten freaky with you.

I playfully slapped her and began walking to the direction of home-room.
"You didn't answer my last question.." Jess murmured
"and what question was that..?"
"Are. You. Still. A. Virgin?!" I laughed loudly
"What do you think the answer to that question is Jessica?" She gasped once more
"You lost your virginity last night didn't you!" I shook my head furiously
"NO! I AM STILL A VIRGIN!" I flicked her forehead and rolled my eyes before walking into class.

While we were in home-room, Jess and I sat in our usual spots, I was reading something I had picked up a few weeks ago and Jess was drawing in the back of her Tech book. I heard the door creak open and looked up to see Trouble standing there with a big grin along his face. I looked up and couldn't keep my eyes off him.
"you like him.." Jess muttered
"I'm sorry what..?" I said as her voice brought my back to reality.
"You. Like. Trouble" My jaw dropped
"There is no way I like.. that!" I said in an almost unsure voice.
"Someones in denial..." she sang once again,
"I am not.."
"Your in denial, which means you like him.."

"then you like Tom!" Tom was a boy in our music class with red shaggy hair and braces, I would always tease her and tell her that she had a big crush on him although I knew it was false.
"EW NO!"
"Denial.." I sang laughing.
"Just face it Destiny, You like him, stop lying to yourself and just admit it" I shook my head
"what makes you think I like him?" she went to speak but I cut her off.
"ACTUALLY NO, tell me all the things you think are 'signs' that I like him.." a smile was brought to her face and I regretted saying that almost instantly.