Nightmares

I wandered around the island. Thinking what in the world made me think that I would actually be able to become an angel. I've never heard of a story or a tale of any demon becoming an angel. I heard many where the angel becomes a demon and even then those don't turn out well. I ran my hand through my hair and stopped, I had reached the beach in time to see the sun begin to set. I spun on my heel and ran back to where Ashton was. How could I have been so stupid?

Ashton is alone, on an island with things that could easily kill him, and it's about to be night time. I started to sprint. Not caring that twigs were cutting at my exposed legs, face and arms. It was a bad idea to of have changed into shorts a little above mid thigh. The red plaid shirt I had on would've helped if it wasn't for the fact that I had rolled the sleeves up to my elbows.

When I finally got to where I had left Ashton, he wasn't there. Everything else was, the fire was there, the gauze was on the floor, and my footprints were all over the place. What if the natives had taken him? What if I don't find him in time?

Snap out of it. You're only making things worse, calm down and be rational my conscience commanded. I was being rational, for someone in my situation. I looked for any possible tracks.

I found nothing. Meaning that he's either flying or was taken by a flying creature. I tried to extend my wings, but they wouldn't come out. I tried to remember what happened them, but my head was crammed with 'what if' questions about Ashton. I looked for the tallest tree that I could find and climbed it. Thank God that I had changed my Converse for my combat boots, it made it a hella lot easier to climb. I reached the top and looked around there was no sign of him. I looked up at the darkening sky, I didn't see anything, except for a few clouds.

"ASHTON!" I shouted "ASSSHHHHHTTTTOOONNNN!" I continued. There was no response. I climbed back down and took the cloak off, leaving me with my red plaid shirt any my tank top on underneath and my black shots. I took the plaid shirt off too if I was going to force my wings out I was sure as hell don't want anything between them. I tried to force them out, but the were being stubborn and refused to come out. I put the plaid shirt back on, along with the black cloak.

"ASSSSSHHHHHTTTTTOOOONNNN WHERE ARE YOU! I yelled at the top of my lungs. I ran off into the woods, yelling and screaming his name, to no avail. I managed to do the fire trick, to try and get some light, although it didn't seem to help. I ran back to our camp, thinking that maybe he had come back.

"He left you because you're pathetic. Look at yourself running around like a headless chicken. He went off to get the sword by himself. The sword that you're supposed to get to me!" His voice boomed making me cringe, he was right, though. I was a demon running around looking for a fallen angel, what had gotten into me?

I made it back to where we set up camp and there he was, standing in the middle of it.

"Ashton, are you okay?" I said reaching for his bandaged shoulder. His head turned back making inhuman noises. I stepped back, as the face stared at me. Although face might be an understatement, his eyes were missing. It stepped toward me and I couldn't step back. My feet were stuck in the mud. It grinned at me, and brought a dagger out, raising it above its head. While I was distracted with that dagger, another stuck me in the abdomen. Sinking all the way to the hilt, the other came down and impaled my heart. Then multiple daggers stabbed into the spaces between all my ribs. Blood started to come from my mouth, and all the daggers started twisting.

I woke with a start, covered in sweat and surrounded by the ghostly creatures, a few of them dead. I should've known, I just gave them the satisfaction of making me struggle. I threw fire at all of them and they scattered like cockroaches. I looked around and saw that I was on the beach and the sun was setting. Once again realization hit me, they're probably doing this to Ashton too. I sprinted back, and like in the dream, twigs cut at my exposed flesh. And since I was wearing the same thing that I was in the dream it wasn't helpful. I made it back to the clearing to see that Ashton was surrounded by the creatures. I made the fire come to my hands and burned them all. Ashton was still in the nightmare, though. I ceased the fire from my hands and kneeled beside him and shook his shoulders.