Nicknames

*Ember's P.O.V.*

Here we go from Topeka, Kansas to the Bermuda Triangle. More specifically Bermuda Island, where we would have to enter or we would be shot down. It was roughly two thousand miles give or take a few miles. And since we didn't have the protection against air resistance like planes did, it would take roughly nine hours to get there. Even then we have to give or take a few hours, depending on the weather. If it was the sunshine and clear skies then yes, we would be there in nine hours or less. But if the weather is absolute crap, then it will add an extra two or three hours to the already lengthy trip.

To say that I was happy to be going back the again was an overstatement. It's filled with the most unnatural creatures, that enjoy seeing you suffer. They often manipulate the land around their victim, slowly draining them of their energy. I could handle it, I know I can. I just don't know if prince charming over there can handle it. He's soft like a marshmallow that has been held over a flame for too long. They're going to eat him alive. Hypothetically speaking. The things drain you until you're only a sack of bones, like them. Ghost like creatures wandering around with no purpose in life, but to eat. Let's just hope he makes it past the gates.

"How long till we get there" He whined

"two days" I responded, turning to look back at him. Just in time to see the horror on his face "Yup, no breaks at all. We wouldn't want to be late after all."

"You've got to be kidding me" he groaned.

"Haha princeling, you should know me by know. I lie. The trip is roughly nine hours long, though. Give or take on the weather, and if I feel like flying or not."

He scrunches his nose at the horrible nickname but doesn't say anything beyond that.

"Okay, Raven. Why are you helping me anyway? Aren't you suppose to be soulless, cruel, and cold-hearted." He said the last part, more like a statement, not a question.

I sigh dramatically before answering, ignoring the name. I know he said it just to spite me, but I will get back at him for that.

"Yes all those things are true, but I have business to take care of over there. I don't know why I'm helping you when I could just kill you and leave your bloody body in the Atlantic ocean. No one would know. Yet there was a nagging voice in my head that wouldn't shut up and it said to help you. It wasn't even remotely close to my voice, sounded kinda... I don't know how to explain it." I said, making gestures as if it would help get my thoughts across.

"And here I thought you were doing it out of the kindness in your heart." He says sarcastically, he put a hand over his heart.

"Shut up Marshmallow"

"Marshmallow? Really? I think I like princeling better"

"Well too bad" I replied while stretching out my wings and glided on the air. Thank god, it was late or else there would be a higher chance that we would've been hit by a plane. I flapped my wings and I soared higher, then I tucked one in and went spiraling through the clouds. I did this repeatedly until I realized that I was miles ahead of Marshmallow. Haha, I'm actually enjoying Ashton's new nickname. He doesn't like it, which makes me like it more.

"C'mon slow ass, I want to get there before I turn nineteen, and with your pace we'll be there when I'm fifty."

"Well gee I'm sorry it's not like we've been flying for hours" he replied

"We haven't been flying for hours. We've been flying for an hour and a half. We're in the southeast part of Missouri. We can stop and rest, but it would be a waste of time, and I want to get there as soon as possible. Since it looks like the weather is on our side, our trip might be less than nine hours, but I can't guarantee it. The reason you're so tired is because you're not having fun, and you're carrying a bow and arrows and a sword." I put emphasis on the word sword

"Yeah yeah yeah. So pretty much what you're saying is suck it up, cause we're not going to rest?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

He rolled his eyes, "but I'm tired" he whined

"Of course, you are. How about this, ask me a question and I'll answer. Maybe that'll make time go by faster" Like as if you're going to answer truthfully

"Um, okay then, if that's what you want. Hum... what's the first thing you can remember from your childhood?"

"Being dragged out of my cot to go to weapons training."

"Why were you so hostile, even before you were a pure demon?"

"I've always been a full demon. What are you talking about?"

"No, you haven't. You turned full on demon when Abraxas took your humanity. You called out for me to help you, but my parents held me back." he cocked his head to the side.

"And here I thought that I lied a lot. Even if that was true, don't you think that I would be able to recall at least one thing that happened before that incident?"

"He took your humanity. That includes you human memories and feelings and all that. You're a Demon, you should know this" He stated

"I never really paid attention when I was being told this so, not my problem" I stated followed by a shrug.

"Wow. So when you have to do it, you won't feel remorse for taking away someone's cherished memories, making it so they can't he remember their own name?"

"I don't know remorse or any other feeling that makes me weak. I haven't done that before, even if I wanted to I wouldn't be able to. Only the rulers of Hell can do it. And even though I'm a part ruler, it's only a sliver of it. Probably the size of Bermuda Island."

"Having feelings of love, happiness, sadness doesn't make you weak. It makes you real" He argued

"I guess I'm not real then" I replied, looking him in the eyes.

We continued to fly in silence, all the way to the Atlantic.