The Silence Before the Crackin

I was going to need camouflage when we reached Bermuda. As old fashioned as it seemed, I was going to have to wear a cloak. Hopefully, the few that I had there from my last trip were still there. They were different colors, varying from pitch black to a deep royal purple to a dark marine blue, even a blood red one. Which I preferred. Though, from experience, I learned that that wasn't the best color cloak to wear. It attracted too many bloodthirsty animals. You'd think I would have common sense and wear a different color, but I ignored it and wore it anyway. After a few more minutes my mind began to wander to what Ashton had said. It didn't seem to make sense at all, though. If all my "human" memories were gone, then why do I still remember going to the Forgotten when I was around ten? I know it's not like childhood memories that fade after time, but it feels so wrong to think that I had a family. It feels like I wouldn't have deserved them anyway. I could still remember that Orin sent me there to teach me a "lesson". I think it was because I snuck out, but I can't quite remember why.

"He's telling the truth. Even if you don't believe it, it's the truth. Please keep an open mind about it. Why do you think that your memory has so many holes and you can't remember anything before the age of six?" A husky yet soothing voice popped into my head. Seriously where do these voices come from?

"Don't listen to that fool, he has no idea what he's saying. Listen to your father. I'll keep you on the right track to getting that sword. Forget what the fallen angel told you. He's trying to get you on his side. Are you really going to betray your own father?" My father argued.

Yet I didn't believe him. I'm trained at lying and knowing when I'm being lied to. And you'd think my father would know better. Yet my father wouldn't need to get so defencive about it if it wasn't true. Yet why should I take a stranger's voice advice, I had no idea who it belonged to. Thus far, he has been the second one to bring it up. Being a Demon was getting far more complicated than it was when I was eight. I tried proving the unknown voice wrong, by trying to remember what I did at the age of five or even six.

I turned up empty handed, and frustrated.

Two - for the unknown voice and Ashton

Zero - for my father.

If it was that he was even my father. Yet with the upbringing I had, I could imagine anyone but The ruler of Hell to be the perfect father for me. Maybe Ashton kept calling me Raven because that was my name before Abraxas took my humanity. If all he has told me is true, then that used to my name. Raven, hump not that bad. The raven is seen as a symbol of death, so it would make since. Then again, my name had a lot of meaning references to death and all that jazz. I don't care who's right, I am and always will and have been a demon and no one was going to change that. Nobody can change that.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I realized that we were now halfway into the Atlantic Ocean. Thank god. We're getting closer to the Island, we should be there in only one more hour. I was still alert and on the look out for planes. I quite frankly didn't want to get hit by one or sucked into one of it's big engines. I looked back and saw that Marshmallow wasn't there. He either fell back and I'm miles ahead, or he manned up and flew ahead of me, and I am miles behind him. I shrugged and kept flying, he can either catch up, or I need to catch up.

A strong pair of arms grabbed my waist. Halting my flying, but I didn't start plummeting towards the ocean. I looked below me and there was Ashton with a cocky grin. He was flying for both of us which in retrospect wasn't a good idea. Like c'mon, my wings themselves weighed roughly one hundred fifty pounds and so did I. So he was carrying three hundred pounds right now. He must be stronger than I thought.

"Like what you see?" He said with a grin on his face. I didn't realize I was staring.

I scanned his face and tilted my head to the side, "I've seen better, so don't get your hopes up. And you might want to let go of me before you get burned"

"I think I'll risk it. I'm actually enjoying the view from here." He said while sending me a wink. I'll admit he was extremely attractive but he was going to become an angel, and it wouldn't work. It's illegal or some shit.

"I hope that you realize that we're getting closer to the ocean, and I don't feel like going for a swim in the chilly waters of the Atlantic Ocean."

"I think you do, but you're scared of what's in the water." He said finally releasing me, but still flying the same way. I started flying so I wouldn't land in the ice cold ocean.

"Marshmallow, I'm a demon. I'm not scared of anything" I retorted

"Is that so?" he replied with a mischievous grin

"Yes" I replied

As soon as the words left my mouth, he grabbed my waist with his slightly red arms again. This time pulling me with him as we plummeted into the chilly waters of the Atlantic.

I struggled to swim back up to the surface. I can swim, I swear, but when you have a hundred fifty pounds of wings dragging you down it's kinda hard. I reached the surface and gasped for air. I looked around for Marshmallow. It's dangerous to be in the water this close to the Island. Creatures here are extremely territorial. I tried flying out of the water. But it was like trying to drag your body out of quicksand, with hundred pound weights tied to your ankles. I had managed to hover above the water, and boy did it take a crap load of effort to stay like that. There was still no sign of Marshmallow and I don't think that he can hold his breath that long. At this point, I'm pretty sure that a sea monster dragged him to the depths of the ocean, and had him for breakfest. I didn't want to look for him, yet he was the only one that I knew of that knew where the sword was.

Something grabbed my leg and dragged me back into the water that I had worked so hard to get out of. I looked down to see what it could be and guess what? It was Marshmallow. He pulled me down further, despite my protests. After he had pulled me down to whatever depth he wanted he then let me go. Then started swimming up, using his wings as propellers.

Oh hell no, he wasn't getting away from this that easily. I chased after him, how he managed to hold his breath for this long I had no idea. After a few minutes we reached the surface, and he swam up as if it was no big deal.

"Aww, what's the problem princess, can't get out of the water." He mocked, he seemed unaffected by the fact that he was just in the water. His hair was still perfectly styled, and he was dry.

I glared at him and attempted to fly out of the water. Let's just say I had a harder time, this time, around. I was tired and didn't feel like trying.

"Let me help you out princess" He held his hand out. I wanted to refuse since it would be admitting defeat. I was about to try again when I felt a tug on my leg.

"Princeling, I suggest you stop with the games if you don't want to end up dead" I seethed.

"I'm not doing anything. The joke was pulling you under water that was it I swear," he defended, holding his hand up.

I received another yank on my leg, this one stronger. And yet another one. I struggled to pull myself out, if it wasn't Marshmallow then I don't want to know what it is. I got out, breathless but out of the water.

"Fly up higher. I don't feel like becoming a snack for whatever lives in these waters." I ordered.

"Don't tell me you're scared" he taunted

"No, but I don't want to die at the slimy gross arms of a hungry crackin" I explained. I noticed that I was still slightly hovering over the water, so I tried flying higher. I had managed to get the same height as Ashton, and I had started to shiver. This is what sucks about being cold blooded if you don't have a source of warmth you get cold, and move slower. I closed my eyes and pictured myself of the sunny beaches of the bahamas.

I looked back down and saw two enormous glowing eyes looking back at me.