Lights In The Sky

*Unknown P.O.V.*

Whispers, everywhere.

All talking about how he was on the way with the sword, and how she had sacrificed herself in order to get them off of the island alive. She was alive, even after what she had done. They were discussing whether or not they should bring her in and heal her or if they should just leave her there and let the demons handle her. It would be a good life if they did bring her here, but they would probably just taunt me with the idea of my daughter being so close to me, just like the do with Zachriel. He had questioned them before and asked if they had heard anything from me and they would just lie and say that I disappeared from the face of the Earth, and they were unable to find me. Zachriel was blind to the true intentions that the Angels had in mind. If he did he would never bring the sword here. The amazing thing that the Angels have forgotten is that only the one who made first contact with the sword can wield it, they think that just by having one of their own deliver it will be enough for them to use it.

The ground shook and from the 'sky' came several bright lights and what appeared to be two meteors falling from the sky. I stayed by the window and watched as they fell to the ground, I bit my lip. This could be a trap. Or they could truly be injured. I blew out a long breath and placed the book back underneath the loose floor tile where I had found it. The griffin had beaten me to  them and was nudging them with its beak, he turned one over and I lost my breath.

It was Zachriel.

 A flood of relief overcame me but was quickly replaced by panic, and guilt. I ran to him and knelt down, he was breathing and had a steady pulse. I pulled his arm and put him in the sitting position. I kneeled and wrapped his arm around my neck and picked him up. I grunted, how can someone who appeared so light be so heavy?

"Hey, go get the other one and bring him inside." I pointed at the other boy that had fallen along with my son. I half carried and half dragged him along the path and up the stairs of what I had started to call my home. I made it to the couch by some miracle and laid him down. I went and got a blanket and draped it over him. I ran my hand over my face and sighed. The griffin had managed to bring the other one in and put him on the other couch, I put another blanket over him, and looked around. Would this be an okay place for them to wake up in or will they panic. It wasn't that bad, the walls were ivory with a gold mirror hanging on one wall, the other two were blank and the wall opposite of the one with the mirror were glass french doors, the couches formed a 'L' shape and were a silver color. I pulled the cloak's hood over so that you couldn't see my face clearly because of the shadow it caused. I walked out and paced back and forth in the long corridor, the griffin laid down in the entrance of the living room with its head in its giant paws.

"What am I suppose to tell them when they wake up? Oh hey, you don't know who I am, but I brought you into my home after I saw you crash land. Does that sound good?" I stopped pacing and sighed "I'm losing it, I'm talking to a griffin who can't possibly talk back to me even if I wanted it to." I started pacing again while biting my nails. I stopped and looked out the window. I sat down and leaned against the wall and hugged my knees, I'm going to tell him the truth, the whole truth when he wakes up. I'll give him some time to wake up and get used to where he is, but then I'll tell him. I won't back out of it. I owe him that much.

The sun was setting when they both started groaning and getting up from the couch. I took a deep breath and dug the nails of my right hand into my palm. This is not a dream, this is real. I walked into the room and they both looked at me.

"Who are you?" Zachriel said, standing up and getting into a fighting stance.

I reached up slowly and pulled my hood off.

"I'm your mother."

A/N: How do you guys like the plot twist, I was really excited while writing this cause it's gunna help the final chapters of this book come to an end. I hope you enjoyed it and buckle up for what's in store (:

                                - Blxck_Cloud