To Trust The Enemy....

*Ashton's P.O.V.*

I stood there, in disbelief of what had just happened in less than an hour. If she knew what I was, did my parents know as well? I guess that doesn't matter now. Raven turned full-on demon, and she knows, and who's to say she wouldn't tell them when she got the chance. I could've stopped Abraxas from taking her soul. But my mother and father held me back, not wanting me to interfere with a powerful demon. Which looked like a normal human besides the eyes.

Now, I have an option, well it's not really an option, of course, I'm taking up her offer to help me. I'll just be weary of her. Funny how she figured it out in less than five minutes and yet my parents don't know, and I haven't told them, nor will I anytime soon. I didn't feel like putting up with their disappointment. How ashamed they'd be of their son their only son.

I walked over to my dresser, cause quite frankly I like to be clothed when I make big decisions. Even though I already knew the answer. Why did this have to happen? Why in this way? I walked into my closet and changed in there. I don't wanna accidentally flash my mom, that'd be quite disturbing. I changed into my black button up shirt, a pair of boxers, and my old jeans. I walked back out, throwing the damp towel onto my bed. I pulled a pair of socks from the bedside dresser and pulled them on.

"We must hide you from that she-devil. Who knows what she's got up her sleeve. Demons only help when they can get something out of it. And what was she talking about -"

"Calm down. I'm not going to hide, didn't you hear her?" I cut her off, then added, "I know she's a demon, but I need her help, you two would not be able to get me to where I need to go. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings, but it's the truth. I need to go with her." I reached over to my boots and started untying them.

"And where would that be exactly? That she can get you there and we can't?" My mother huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"It's the forgotten isn't it?" My father spoke up. I looked up and at his eyes, not caring if he saw the gray band, he was the most understanding parent. He took a sharp inhale when he looked into my eyes. I guess the secret is out then.

"Don't be ridiculous, why on Earth, would he have to go that horrid place?" My mother argued. "Don't be crazy Dominic, think." She practically spat.

My dad didn't reply, instead, he walked over to me and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"I know why you're going, but I'm not quite sure why you need her help, but I know that it is important for you. I will trust that you will be careful around her. I want to let you know that you're not a disappointment in my eyes, you're still an amazing son, and always will be. You succeed in finding the sword" He whispered, so it would only be audible by me and not my mother. I nodded my head, I don't know why he was being so understanding, or how he knew I was going after the sword. I was expecting for him to lose it, tear up my room and yell at me to leave and never show my face to them ever again.

After putting on my boots, I walked over to my closet and pulled out my bow and arrows. I got my backpack and emptied its contents. I then filled it with two pairs of clothes, my dagger and throwing stars, and lastly some food. I looked around for anything else that might come in handy, or that I might need. Maybe a flamethrower would come in handy, then again I had no idea what I was getting into. Plus I don't think I could get a flamethrower in time. I ran my hand through my hair, then let it fall to my side. I looked around, there were no signs of what had happened earlier. I couldn't figure out if I felt happy that there wasn't or angry. Angry that there was no proof, no evidence that anything had happened in here. Good, and bad. I sighed and tossed my bag on the floor.

My parents had left me alone, but it had taken some persuading from my dad's part, though. I don't think that I could've looked at my mom in the eyes and told her what I had become, even if she figured it out herself. I would never be able to look at them without feeling ashamed. I walked over to my dresser and took out a paper that had the location of the sword, in order for me to be forgiven. It was in a language I didn't understand, so maybe Raven could help with that too. If it was that she didn't take the paper herself and go after the sword herself. Speaking of swords, I took down my katana. I wasn't particularly good with it, but having any weapon is better than no weapon. I looked over at my clock

6:30 P.M.

Well, I'm going to sleep and rest who knows when the next time I'll be able to sleep in my bed, or just sleep in general. I started at the ceiling until my eyelids became heavy.