Watery Grave

Ethan's P.O.V.

When we reached the shore, Ember's body was a couple feet away. Turing the water around her a dark color.

We had to get her out before something decided that they want to have her as lunch. 

"Wait here, your blood will only attract more predators in the water." Chaol just nodded but kept standing, even though it pained him to. "Start digging a hole so we can cool her off without worrying about something eating her." He nodded again. 

I flew above the water and plucked her out, just as another mermaid made to grab her. I laid her down on the cool sand and checked for a pulse. It appeared that she was still, barely, hanging onto life.

I helped Chaol dig the hole and once it was deep enough we placed her in it, taking turns carrying water to her. She was hot to the touch and as soon as the water touched her it evaporated. It was times like these, where I hated only being able to control fire. 

I don't know how long we carried a handful of water at a time, but at one point the water started to cling to her instead of evaporating away. We both sighed in relief and kept at it. 

After an hour or so we managed to get enough water to stay in the hole. 

We sat on either side of her, both of us exhausted. 

"Do you think they made it?" I asked looking over at Chaol. The blood on him had dried cracking and falling away when he moved.

"I would like to think so. If not she sacrificed her life for nothing." he clenched his fist.

"You blame them for this?"

"Of course, I do. Had it not been for Ashton wanting the fucking sword then she wouldn't have come here, and she wouldn't be clinging to her life." he grabbed a fistful of sand and burned it. 

"But then she wouldn't have met you or Zachriel." He grunted and turned away.

I wouldn't have even know that she was still alive had it not been for her helping Ashton with this. I knew that it was selfish of me to say that, but I don't care. I know that she's going to pull through because she's not one to quit. 

She groaned, and we both looked at her. Then at each other. 

"Why does it smell like someone rolled around in blood and pig filth at the same time?" she muttered.

Chaol and I smiled, and she did too. 

"My whole body feels like it's been run over by a steam roller, then thrown into a wood chipper." She tried to sit up, but her hand slipped and she fell back. 

"That tends to happen when you're burned inside out and survive," I said

She groaned "I'm going to kill  him. I don't care what it takes. I will do it." She opened her eyes and sat up. "Are you both just gonna stand there or help me out of my watery grave?" She smirked. 

I reached down, offering her my hand and she took it without a second thought. She looked over at Chaol, who had a blank face. She turned towards him and hugged him tight.

"Stop being a shit head and hug me back asshole." She whispered and he laughed, hugging her back.

They stayed like this for a couple of minutes before he pulled back and looked at her, examining her for any other wounds that she might have. Patches of her arm had scared skin, and I'm pretty sure that the rest of her body would too if you could see it. She rolled her eyes and turned her back to him. 

I looked at her and she looked at me. She bit her lip and shook her head. I just looked at her lips, all I wanted to do was kiss her. 

"So what do you say, we go back to Hell, and make it even worse?" She said while clapping her hands, then rubbing them together. "I have someone who's dying to see me." She grinned.

I grinned back, and for a moment, everything seemed to be going right for the demons. 

However, since life as amazing moments you know that soon a huge shit moment is coming soon. I know this because that's how life is, you have this wonderful moment and it stays like that for a day maybe a week, or months, but after that, as good as life was, it turns just as bad. 

The sky thundered and cracked open, and down came two Angles.

Whether it be because I jinxed it or because they were already planning on coming here, the happiness was drained and replaced with the "for fucks sake" moment. 

Ember clenched her jaw and mustered up a faint blue fire, Chaol put on his resting bitch face and drew his sword, and I pulled out my two daggers.

Whatever they wanted, they wouldn't be getting it easily. 

A/N: So I finally overcame my huge writers block and found time to write the story the way that I wanted instead of just writing something for the sake of putting up a new chapter. I hope you enjoy it

-Blxck_cloud