19

HE tried to reach her mobile phone repeatedly to no avail. It was so frustrating but then he thought of e-mail so he sent her a couple of emails that went unanswered. 

Robin had a strong feeling that something was not right but since he had no idea where April was he decided to trust his instincts. He had gone to her house the day she called after work but the house had a look of desertion; as if she had been away for a while.

There was nothing for him to do this eveningand no one, in particular, he wanted to see except for April who was"AWOL". Robin decided to drive by her house again for no particularreason. He drove slowly since there was no hurry and tried to gather histhoughts. 

In twenty-five minutes, he was there. He sat in his car for someminutes before summoning the courage to step out of his car. 

She had one nosyneighbour who liked to know her business he padded softly to her door and juststood leaning against the wall. He saw a flower pot and knew that it had notbeen there previously. 

Pushing it to one side he found a small post-it note. Anaddress in case he had to see her. He felt hope rising but he still could not shake off the feeling that something was wrong. He dragged himself away homeand fixed himself a 'screwdriver' to relax his nerves. He drifted off to sleepand dreamt about April.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I apologise for the really short chapters but I have so much going on.

Forgive me!

If you're enjoying the story, let's talk in the comments. Should I scrap the story? Let's gist.