18

AT the time Janet's alarm went off. She was just dozing off to sleep during the night, she jotted ideas of the various features she could cover to make the front page look sensational. Although her magazine was doing well, she had serious competition and she wanted to leave them far behind in her wake.

She remembered her alma mater and thought about sending letters to some of her well- established classmates so she could interview them. She thought of interviewing a Governor's wife but then she had no use for protocols. There was a new lady actress that just released a single. Perhaps she could tap into her sense of style. 

Less protocol, less stress, great exposure on both fronts since no one knew much about the young girl. 

She had a million ideas and she just had to put them all down so she could refer to them later. Besides, Fridays at the office were usually boring. Most of her staffs were always out for most of the day and her calendar was usually lighter. So she was not bothered. Barely one hour after she closed her eyes, her alarm disturbed her sleep and she had to put it off. 

She turned repeatedly to get a comfortable position in her bed but she just could not get back to sleep. She buried her head under the blanket for some minutes but it was not helping either. So she lay still and finally got up from her bed after fifteen minutes of battling with the bedsheets.

 The strong smell of coffee drifted into her nose as she could not resist it. She stifled a yawn and padded herself bare feet into her kitchen to make herself a cup of coffee. She searched and found only instant coffee which was a disaster tom her. She just had to make do of that.

She turned on the television and was surfing the stations when she saw a vaguely familiar face. It was the news about the murder. She listened and tried to remember where she saw the woman. But it would not come to her. She just could not place the face but knew she had seen the lady before. The news was shocking. She decided to try and trace the woman.

She had a feeling justice would beperverted.