Chapter 23

We all got in different cars and headed to the park.
"I'm so excited" Aaron said in excitement and it was really cute.
Once we got to the parks we went in a different way to avoid any mobs.
I looked over at Hayes and just looked to see that he was on his phone not really interested in anything. What's going on with him? He was fine this morning.
"Okay we should start off with some rides" Aaron said and grabbed my hand to start leading me somewhere away from the group.

A couple hours later

"Aaron, I'm hungry" I said as we were leaving a ride. I didn't know which one it was and didn't know what number we were on, I lost count.
We went to a little cafe that was overlooking a pond. We ordered our food and just sat at a table outside.

"So what do you think of Magcon so far?" Aaron asked and I remained quiet for a few seconds.
"I just think it's really nice how you all treat each other like family, everybody has their differences yet you guys love each other" I said and he smiled.
"Yeah, I don't know where I'd be without them. They just get me" he said and I nodded as I continued to eat my food.
We played a game of 21 questions and really got to know each other. Aaron was sweet, cared about others and his family. He also mentioned he always gets heartbroken every time he's in a relationship.
We kept eating out food and Aaron was on his phone for a bit.
"The guys look like they're having fun" he said as he turned his phone to show me a video Cameron took. There he was. Talking to another girl. Hayes was with another girl. She was blonde and was nicely fit. Wish I was more like her. Maybe Hayes and I just weren't meant to be.
"Okay I was thinking maybe we should hold back on the rides and just go around to some shops" he said and I nodded.
"That sounds fun, for some reason I feel the urge to buy a tiara" I said and he laughed.
"Well you're already a princess in my eyes" he said as he put his hand on mine. I looked down at our hands and didn't know what to do.
"Well we should get to it then" I said awkwardly moving my hand away. I threw away my trash and he followed.
"Lily" he said and I turned back to face him.
"I've been trying to build up the courage to ask you out and I keep backing out but I'm not doing that anymore" he said and closed his eyes.
"So I was just wondering if you wanted to start dating?" he asked and I felt frozen, I was speechless. I wasn't expecting this.
"You don't have to say anything now, but I had to say something before someone else took you away from me" he said and I still didn't know what to say. He was asking me out.
"I have to think about it first, but thank you for being honest with me" I said as I took his hand and intertwined my fingers with his. What was I supposed to tell him?

Edited✅