Chapter 4

It was currently 10 a.m. and we were going to be there at around 3. Nothing exciting really happened on the road. All I really did was sleep, count trees, play some music, have the urge to pee, and feel hungry.
Time felt like it passed by really quickly as we were already pulling into a driveway.
"We're here. Our new home" my dad said as I saw a beautiful home right in front of me.

"Wow dad, you really outdid yourself with this one" I said chuckling and seeing a lady coming out of her house with a little girl

All I wanted to do was run inside and just stay to myself, but I couldn't be rude. Maybe a quick hello and then figure out this house.
I got out of the car and made my way over to my dad to go greet, what I'm guessing, our new neighbors. I let my dad do the talking as I was still in awe of this place. The whole neighborhood was beautiful.
"Sweetie? Hello?" I hear as my dad is trying to get my attention. I focus back at him and see the lady and little girl smiling at me.
"Oh sorry, I'm Lily. Hello" I say shyly as I reach my hand out.
"Well Lily, I'm Elizabeth and this is Skylnn, my youngest" she said shaking my hand firmly. After that I noticed 3 guys coming out of their house.

"Oh and y'all know Chad, but this is my son Nash and his friend Matt". The women said as I shyly waved to all of them. I just stood there awkwardly as my dad was talking with them and catching up. The rest of the trucks finally came and I sigh of relief left my mouth.
"Well we better start moving in" my dad said as he looked at me and motioned me to help.
We'll help too" Nash said and they all agreed. Great.
My dad gave me the keys to start looking in the house. I walked in and oh boy was this a dream. My mom would've hated this house. She always liked the idea of a traditional home where no one was really far from each other but yet had our own space. This one had lots of space.
I walked up the stairs and started looking through rooms. Obviously left the master bedroom for my dad. I wanted one with a bathroom connected to it. That's all. I walked in one that was not too big but bigger than my old room for sure.
"Like the new place?" I heard behind me and see Nash and Matt with boxes in their hands.
"Oh, yeah, it's pretty" I say awkwardly putting my hand in my pockets.
"Anywhere you want us to put these boxes?" Matt asks as I point to the corner. They walk over and place them there.
"We'll get the rest of your boxes for you" Nash says as they both walk out of the room.
Really? Why was I so awkward? I could use this opportunity to make friends. Minutes later they come back in with more boxes.
"Hey by any chance do y'all have a car?" I ask as they turned to me, surprised.
"Uh, yeah. Did you need to go somewhere? Say the time and place and we're there" Nash says trying to comfort me.
"I just want to change up things, I got rid of a bunch of things back home. Just think it would be nice to, um, change it up" I said nervously not realizing I was repeating words, they both chuckled and nodded.
Time passed and I got to know them, they were pretty funny.
"Dude, we should make a vine of us flashing Hayes through the window" Matt says as I look out the window and see him there. Hayes. That was Hayes. My window was looking at his window. When did that get there?
"What's vine?" I ask trying to distract myself from him.
They looked at me with a surprised look on their face.
"You don't have vine? Alright we're making you an account. You make 6 second videos on it of whatever you want Myself and Matt use it and we sort of have over 8 million followers on it" Nash says as the surprised face is now on me.
Over 8 million people know who they are. That's insane.
"Hey sweetie here's your phone" my dad said coming into the room and handing me my phone. I turned my phone on as he walked out and then felt my phone vibrate like crazy.
"Wow someone was popular back home" Matt says as I hesitate but then end up showing them the texts.

About time the town slut finally left. Just because you left doesn't mean I won't make your life a living hell still. You're a skank who just needs to be exposed.

"If by popular you mean hated, then yeah, very much" I said putting away my phone and looking at the ground. I felt a pair of arms around me and looked to see Matt hugging me. This was nice. I really liked this.
I explained why and when this has started. Also explained that the whole school ended up hating me and no one stuck for me.
They were very comforting about it all and honestly was glad I met them.
"Hey we're friends now. Well stick up for you if you ever need us, just tell us" Nash said and I felt a tear stream down my cheek. Something about that sentence made me feel loved and noticed. It sounds like friends to me.

Edited✅