Chapter 33

*1 YEAR LATER*

"Lily, I can't find my wallet" I heard my dad yell from the kitchen and I headed there.
"Dad, it's in your hand" I said chuckling and then he joined in as well.
"I guess I really do need this vacation" he joked and I laughed.
I sat down at the kitchen table and sighed. There was a bit of silence for a couple of seconds and then I felt his hand on my shoulder.
"You okay, honey?" He asked and I shrugged.
"Yeah, I guess, just another fight with Hayes" I said and then sighed again.
"Dad, when did you know you loved mom?" I asked and he smiled.
"She was wearing a yellow dress with white shoes. We were having a picnic in the park and the sun was hitting her perfectly. She was perfect" he said as he zoned out.
"Lily, you'll know when you're in love, even if it's with or without Hayes" he said and I sighed again.
"Did you need help carrying your luggage?" I asked him as I got up.
He was going on vacation with Mr. and Mrs. Grier. As well as Skylnn.
I grabbed his suitcase and we walked over next door.
"Have a great time dad" I said as I hugged him and he nodded.
"I'll try and I hope you and Hayes work it out in time for tomorrow" he said and I nodded. Our anniversary.
"Bye dad" I said and walked back to my house before Hayes came out.
I sat down at the couch and tried to forget the fight.
He said I love you 6 months ago. I haven't said it. He's distancing himself because he doesn't think you love him.
I really don't know why I haven't told Hayes that I love him. I'm pretty sure I do but I don't want make my heart official only for it to break.

I heard a knock at the door and walked over to the door. I opened it to see Nash standing there with a giant smile.
"Hey Lily can I ask you for a favor?" he asked and i nodded.
"I'm throwing a party tomorrow and you're invited but I also need you not to tell any of the adults about it" he said and I chuckled.
"Since when does Nash Grier decided to throw a party?" i asked and he shrugged.
"I can be cool and hip" he said and I chuckled.
"You do realize it's your brothers and I's one year anniversary tomorrow right?" I asked and he nodded.
"You'll most likely be together next year, you can have it then" he said shrugging it off.
"Has he said anything?" I said quietly and he shook his head.
"Other than the fact that he thinks you're slipping away from him, he hasn't really said much" Nash said and I slowly nodded.
"You do know I'm just waiting to tell him at the right moment? I just don't want something like that to be a lie" I said and he nodded in understanding.
"Okay well I just think the party can help you two out" Nash said and I chuckled.
"I'll keep it in mind" I said and he gave me a thumbs up.
I closed the door and went straight to my room. I just thought if I should go or not. I just want to clear my mind about what I would say tomorrow.
.
.
.
I woke up the next morning and realized I woke up late, I never do that. I look over and see the tv was still on from last night. I must of dozed off while watching a movie.
I grabbed my phone and looked to see a message from Hayes.
Check front door. Happy Anniversary.
I went downstairs and looked outside to see a bouquet of flowers and a little box. I brought both inside and took a quick pic to post for insta.

I started posting a couple months ago and I've gained quiet a few thousands of followers

I started posting a couple months ago and I've gained quiet a few thousands of followers. It could be cause I'm dating Hayes or for my content but it's honestly boosted my confidence a lot.
I decided to text Hayes and see if we were doing anything later.

Lily- I loved the gift, thank you bby
Hayes- glad you did
Lily- want to go out to dinner tonight? On me :)
Hayes- i thought you were coming over for the party? Nash told me you were so I agreed to help
Lily- oh sure. I'll see you there.
Hayes- ok

A party? A party on our anniversary? You've got to be kidding?

Edited✅