Chapter 17

When I got to the room I looked in the mirror and saw the tears falling down my face. I sat at the end of my bed and thought that I should just book a ticket and fly back home. Or maybe end it all.
I walked over to the bathroom and stripped out of my clothes, just to be in my undergarments. I turned on the bath faucet and started writing a letter. I didn't want them thinking they did it.

Dear Friends,

I want to thank you for showing me what friendship is. You guys were actually the first friends I've ever had.

I've been bullied for about 3 years now and people threaten me and physically bully me. I don't fight back, I just let it happen.

No one has been there for me and no one wants to be. I've been depressed ever since my mom died, people make fun of me for that and other things. They say I should go to hell with my mom.

Jacob, ever since you left it's been hard for me, no one was by my side, I was alone. The only person who was there was my dad but he thinks I'm okay and everything is okay for me, well truth is, it's not, it never has been.

No one likes me, no one even wanted to be near me, what did I ever do? I'll never know, because I've been thinking of suicide for a year now and I don't know if I'm doing it today or tomorrow.

When you saw me smile, that's the first time I've ever smiled for real. The rest hid sadness and depression. I've been cutting for a year and i just feel nothing. I think it's at the point where I can't take it anymore and want to give up.

Yours truly,
Lily

I saw some tears land on the paper and then crumbled it up and left it on the ground. I got in the bath and turned off the faucet. The bath was somewhat filled so I put my head under and it felt nice hearing nothing. Everything was peaceful. I put my head back up and looked up at the ceiling. Just do it.
I grabbed a razor blade and decided to cut my thigh. Seemed like a good spot so no one would notice anything. I put the cold metal against my skin and just slid it. I winced at the pain and bit my lip. Keep going.
I did it again right next to it and just watched the blood drip down to the water. I did one more line and this one for sure hurt the most. I dropped the razor on the ground and just watched the bath slowly turn into a light red color. I looked up at the ceiling and just stayed still. I felt nothing but peace and quiet. Maybe I should go. I slowly closed my eyes and just slowed down my breathing. Peace and quiet.
"LILY! WHAT THE FUCK" I heard and felt a pair of arms around me. I opened my eyes to see Hayes there holding me. He looked as if he was about to cry. I looked down at the water and I was still losing blood.
He carried me out of the bath and placed me down on the floor.
"Lily, why?" He said with his voice cracking and I didn't know what to say. I'm sorry?
I didn't say anything as he looked for some bandages and had a towel on my thigh. He found some bandages and quickly wrapped it.
"What are you doing here?" I asked softly and he kept his focus on wrapping.
"I couldn't find you and I thought something happened, so I left" he said as he finished and I sighed.
"Thanks, but you should go back" I said as he got up and looked for something.
"No fucking way" he said and ended up picking up the razor I had on the floor. He took it to his room and I guess he threw it away there.
"Let's get you to the hospital" he said and i quickly got up.
"We're not going anywhere. I'm staying here. I'm fine" I said as i tried to clean up what happened. I drained the bathtub, and put the towels in a pile in the closet.
"You're not fine" he said following me and I grabbed my suitcase. I grabbed a hoodie and some sweats out of it and changed into it.
"I'm not going to a hospital for something they can't fix. They can't fix me Hayes" I said as I started sobbing. I felt his arms around me and it was such a nice feeling.
"Okay, we'll talk about it later. Let's just let you rest" he said as he rubbed my back and I nodded. I got into the bed and Hayes was there next to me.
"Please don't say anything to anyone. This just stays between us" I said and he hesitated for a minute but then agreed.
I closed my eyes and his presence just being there made me feel safe. I don't think I've ever gone to sleep that quick before.

Edited✅