Chapter 3

I wake up to the sunshine hitting my face, cliche, right? I then realized it was my last day here, meaning the last day at school.
I went straight to the bathroom and did my morning routine and then went over to my closet and decided maybe I should dress decently for my last day. I'll hopefully never see these people ever again, might as well leave them with a great impression of me. I put on a white cropped sweater and then paired it with a blue mini skirt. What are they going to do? Expel me?

I put on a pair of white vans and then went into the bathroom once more to cover the black eye

I put on a pair of white vans and then went into the bathroom once more to cover the black eye. I just needed to get through this day that's all. Just today. After that, it's over.
During the day at school, I tried my best to avoid Sydney. I got some stares from here and there but I was just glad to be leaving. Classes were the same as usual. Learning, gossiping, and the unnecessary drama that goes on. Made eye contact with Sydney like twice in class and really glad she didn't start talking to me.
When I got home I went upstairs and started packing up some items from my room. It's about time I left this hell hole.
Clothes. Check.
Shoes. Check.
Pictures. Check.
Wall decorations. Check.
Notebooks. Should probably throw those away.
Everything else I was getting rid of or packing tomorrow morning.
I heard the front door open and then knew it was time to pack up the living room and kitchen. My dad has been packing on his own to help make the move quicker but helping him is nice.

The movers are coming tomorrow early considering we live in. It was a 5-hour trip that my dad and I were making, which isn't bad but it's early morning.
I grabbed all the photos in the house to put into a box but just ended up looking through them. We were happy. I was happy. I miss you, mom. As I looked through the photos, I felt my eyelids get heavier. Who knew packing would be so tiring?
The next morning I woke up to the sun hitting my face. I was in my room. I must've fallen asleep on the couch and my dad brought me up to my room. Ew, I slept with makeup on.
As I stretched my arms and yawned, I heard the movers moving the furniture into the truck. I got up and brushed my teeth and washed my face. I then covered the black eye once more. I packed up all my toiletries and then my bedding. I looked through some boxes and ended up changing into some gray sweatpants and a white cropped sweater.
I heard a knock at my door and opened the door to see my dad there.
"There's breakfast downstairs and movers are ready to move your stuff" he said trying to sound all excited. It was probably hurting him leaving the place where everything happened. Where she raised us, where she smiled, where she cried, where she got sick, and where she died. I nodded at my dad and went downstairs. It was happening in a couple of hours will be pulling up to our new driveway and living in another state, living new lives.

Edited✅