Chapter 18

I woke to Hayes, not by my side, and looked to see my brother laying on his bed on his phone.
"Someone was really tired, I see" I heard him say and I looked around. Nothing too shocking.
"What time is it?" I asked and he laughed.
"It's 8:02," he said and last time I checked it was 3:45.
"How'd it go?" I asked and he nodded slowly.
"It went good but towards the end, Hayes just texted me saying you were tired so he came with you to the hotel. Anything happen?" He asked putting his attention on me. Did Hayes tell him?
"No, I came straight in here, showered, and fell asleep. Not sure what Hayes did" I said and he sighed.
"Okay I guess I'll believe you for now," he said and I went back to laying down.
"Where's everyone else?" I asked as I got up only to feel a sharp pain in my leg.
"Uh they went out to eat, they should be back any minute," he said smiling at his phone. Wonder who he's talking to.
We watched tv for a while and heard a knock at the door.
Jacob got up quickly and opened the door. It was Mahogany.
"Hey Lily, brought you some food," she said as she looked at me. I smiled and walked over to her.
"Oh, Chinese, my favorite," I said taking the bag and going back to my bed.
"Oh, I'm going with her somewhere, so we'll be right back," he said to me and then closed the door after him.
As I was eating, I heard another knock on the door. I walked over to see Hayes there with a bag in his hand.
"Hey, I got some stuff for you," he said as he came in and put them on my bed. I closed the door and walked over to see that he bought new bandages and some cream for my cuts.
"You really didn't have to get me any of this," I said and he sat on my bed facing me.
"Why'd you do it?" He said and I sat next to him.
"I didn't want to ruin anything for you guys. You seemed to be doing good with your fame and I didn't want to bring you down" I said softly looking down at the ground. I felt his fingers on my chin lifting it up to make eye contact with him. Those beautiful blue eyes.
"I told you I'd be here for you. I can't be there for you if you're not there for me" he said as I got lost in his eyes. He's so dreamy. I felt his face coming closer to mine. Was he about to kiss me?
I put my hand softly on his cheek to stop him.
"I'm sorry, I can't," I said to him as his face turned red. I moved closer to his face and ended up kissing him on the cheek.
"Thank you for being there for me, I'll try not to be that stupid again," I said and he sighed, got up and left.
I couldn't risk messing up his life knowing he's in the public eye.

Next Day

I got a text from Mahogany asking to go shopping with her and Beth. I went to the bathroom and put some makeup on brushed my hair. I looked in my bags and made an outfit that I liked.

I met up with the girls once I was done and we headed over to some stores that were nearby

I met up with the girls once I was done and we headed over to some stores that were nearby. They both had amazing taste in fashion and I didn't doubt anything they gave me.
"I was thinking of getting my hair done," Beth said and Mahogany nodded. Me too.
"Then let's do it," Beth said and I looked to see them smiling at me. I said that out loud.
We went into a hair salon and I actually did end up getting my hair done.

I ended up putting some blonde in my hair and I absolutely loved it. Beth ended up getting her hair some shades lighter and Mahogany got a hair cut. Mine took the longest but the girls didn't mind.
We headed out of the place and I felt amazing. I guess it was that I finally felt good about my appearance for once and having friends with me.

"Lily, is that you?" I heard someone say and then turned around to see Max there.
"Oh hey," I said and he looked at me.
"New hair? I love it, looks great on you" he said and I flashed a smile at him.
"Also, I've been meaning to text but I wanted to do this in person. Any chance you'd like to hang out tomorrow?" he asked and I didn't know what to do. Is he asking me out on a date? Like a date date?

"I'll take that as a yes," he said as I realized I didn't respond looking at him like an idiot.
"Great, I'll text you later for the place," he said and I nodded, he then kissed my cheek, and I just stood there like an idiot even more, just smiling. I have a date tomorrow.

Edited✅