Wait how did you get into UA?

Kirishima's POV:

I woke up in a pool of my own sweat.
I got out of bed and did my stretches and my morning workout routine, and after that, I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth, and do my hair.

As I looked in the mirror I sighed as I tried and tried to make my plain black hair look at least decent, but nothing seemed to make it stand out more.

My mind was thinking of ways to make it stand out more.
I did have one idea in mind.

'you should dye your hair a cooler color,'
I thought to myself.
No way, that'd just give people more of an excuse to make fun and call me names.

But if you dye it before UA... I thought to myself again while walking out of the bathroom and heading downstairs. It could just work.

As I get downstairs I look out the window and see my dads' car is gone and sigh in relief and head to the kitchen to get something to eat. As I looked in the cabinet my mom came in and started making eggs in awkward silence.

"Would you like any eggs, dear?"
She asked.

I wasn't really hungry but I knew that to become a hero I had to be big and strong, so I nodded my head and ate very quickly.

"Oh crap, " I mumbled while looking at my watch.  "Bye, I have to get going,"
I said while grabbing my backpack and heading out to the door.

"WAIT!"
My mom shouted while running over to me and wrapping me in a big hug.

"Mom.. what is- is this about?"
I asked while standing there awkwardly.

"I'm just going to miss you when you go to your new school on Tuesday."

I started to think about all of the good memories I did have here in this home. yes, the past 3 years have been hell since my dad started drinking again... but before that, they weren't all that bad actually. I quickly hugged her back and said that I loved her and headed outside.

"Bye!"

I quickly yelled to her while waving as I started to run to school.

////

Today at school hadn't been that bad, nothing too exciting had happened. Someone did shove me into my locker this morning on my way to homeroom and cussed me out this morning, but that's something that I am just kind of unfazed by, it's just the sad truth lately.

Later today at lunch I saw people smiling and cheering this girl named Mina Ashido. I haven't really talked to her too much. She seemed nice though, so I went over to see what all the fuss had been about.

"WOW, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU MADE IT INTO UA THAT'S SO COOL!!"
one boy said.

"WOW GO MINA," another yelled.

Everyone was crowding her and asking her questions. I had no interest in being in the crowd so I just started to walk away before someone grabbed the back of my shirt pulling me over.

"Hey, Kirishima didn't you apply to UA also?"  A jerk named Francis asked in a mocking tone clearly trying to embarrass me.

"Uh... uh.."

"Sorry, Wu-wuh-what?" he said while mocking my stuttering.

"I didn't understand that."

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. I felt everyone's presence whispering and laughing at me.

"Yeah, I did."

I tried to say in a confident manly voice as a hero would talking to an interviewer. Speaking and showing no fear. I honestly based my whole 'confident hero act' on my favorite hero, crimson riot. I have seen multiple interviews of him, and i just thought he had such a manly persona going on for him that I had just admired him ever since I was little.

Francis made a face before speaking again,
"Um yeah how'd that work out for you?" he said with a smirk.
"Like I mean did you get in?"
He said while clearly mocking me...again...

"yeah," I said with my head down and very quietly barely audible.

"Wait did you say yeah?" Francis said while pretty much yelling in my face with utter disgust in his tone.

"YEAH," I said while screaming in his face.

"Yes, I got in.." I shouldn't have felt almost ashamed and awkward about it, I should've felt proud but that just wasn't the case.

"Wait How did a loser like you make it in UA? You're just a fucking nobody?"

"HEY!" Mina said while butting in.
"He isn't a nobody, it's not his fault. You are just mad that you didn't make it in," she said while pointing her finger at Francis.

Wait.. he didn't make it in, I thought-

"SHUT IT MINA," he snapped. He then shoved her over and grabbed me by the collar of my shirt. He yelled in my face before he punched me and threw me to the ground. He started to kick me. I had then activated my quirk probably on my fourth kick to the stomach.

"OWW YOU MOTHER FUCKER," he yelled "you're a Dea-

"Enough!" the principal yelled and walked up to Francis slowly.
"Detention now Francis."

Mina walked up to me helping me up.

"Are you okay?"

"yeah I'm fine," I said while wiping blood off my lip.

"Oh my god, you're bleeding! here we have to get you to the nurses' office.

"NO, I'm fine."

"You look awful, maybe we should call your parents,"
she said with a worried expression.

"No I'm fine trust me," I say while putting on a fake smile.

"Um okay, I guess.."

I gave her a quick thumbs-up before we both heard the bell ring and looked at each other and started to go to class.
As we walked there we talked a little about UA and what we thought it'd be like.

"Are you nervous about the whole dorm thing," she asked.

"A little, but kind of happy I guess," I said while tugging down on my hoodie sleeve as I did when I felt nervous.

"Yeah I guess kinda same, but I'm going to miss my parents," she said while looking at me with a kinda sad smile. I wondered what it was like to have two loving and caring parents who you loved to death, the only one I'm going to miss is my mom I hate thinking about her staying there alone with my dad.

***

About two hours later school was finally done, and I was on my way home. I decided to go to the store and pick up some hangers and containers for packing.

I went in the hair care aisle and looked at the dye. I saw a box of red dye that didn't look too bad. I shrugged and picked up a couple of boxes and went to pay for my stuff.

as I'm standing in line I see a guy buying a pack of skittles with his friends he had spikey light blonde hair, and bright red eyes, he was in good shape and looked around my age.
He was with his friends and they were teasing him a bit as friends do sometimes...

"Hey bakugou, I heard that eating skittles makes you gay, you wanting to taste the rainbow huh?" He said while he and his other friend laughed.

"SHUT UP FUCK FACE," he said while handing the money to the cashier who looked terrified for her life.

"Yo bitch, wait up,"
"Y'know If you keep eating those you'll get fat, you ain't gonna always have that slim waist."

"I SAID SHUT IT."

I stood there in shock for a while looking at them before I shrugged and put my stuff on the counter for the cashier to ring up. I paid and then headed home to... I guess dye my hair...

1309 words.

I FEEL LIKE THIS IS COMPLETE SHIT BUT IDK I LIKE WRITING IT 😊