.sechzehn.

.sechzehn. 

Almost a half hour and dozens of autographs later, Marco rotated his wrist and set the pen down on the table. His opposite hand went to rub his tired fingers. There were still several more people who waited anxiously to get his signature. Marco took a side glance at Jude and grinned as an idea came to him. 

Taking the pen in his hand once more, he turned in his chair to look at her. Offering the pen to the twenty year old young woman, he said, "Here." He dropped the pen on the table in front of her. "My hand's a little tired. You be Marco Reus for a bit."

"Pfft." Jude scoffed. "People don't want my signature. They're here for you."

"Come on," He pouted, jutting out his bottom lip. "I'm tired. And they won't mind. I don't want to give a sloppy autograph."

"Then don't." She argued.

"Jude..." And he gave her a look. A smile which she could not resist.

The brunette rolled her eyes at the footballer sitting next to her at one of the cafe tables. "You're treacherous and manipulative, you know. I'm convinced you're a rat underneath all that Borussia Dortmund charm." She complained in a playful tone to which Marco shrugged with a victorious grin. Her hand reached onto the table to grab the pen in her hand. 

When the next person walked up to the table, a small boy wearing a Deutschland national team jersey, and set something down for Marco to sign, the blonde haired footballer gestured to the young woman sitting next to him, "My hand is tired so my girlfriend will gladly be signing things for a while. I hope you don't mind." The boy nodded and headed over to Jude who took the object from him and signed Marco's name on it. He brought his cellphone out and snapped a picture of her, posting it onto his twitter account.

woodyinho: how great is this? when my hand gets tired, my lovely girlfriend helps me sign autographs :) twitpic.com/1m646b24bbh6767

In her pocket, her cellphone vibrated. She set the pen down on her table and whipped her phone out. Jude's eyes read the notification on the screen and shot him a glare, but Marco saw she was trying hard to supress a smile. "If you can't even get my phone number, what makes you think I'd let you be my boyfriend so easily?" Still, she clicked away a response on her phone.

judewopschall: @woodyinho you'll need to convince me first, reus ^.^

woodyinho is now following @judewopschall!

Marco bantered. "Are you holding out for Mats?"

"Why the question?" She teased. "Are you jealous, Reus?"

"I just can't believe you wore a Hummels jersey." He admitted honestly.

Jude bit her lip for a moment. "I like other players too. Besides, I don't have a national team jersey with your name on it. But I have two BVB Reus jerseys, three with the one you gave me. Some of us aren't made of money." She pointed out.

"We need to fix that." He stated, refering to her Hummels jersey.

She smiled and shot him a let-me-guess look, "Don't tell me you're capable of going out to buy one right now."

"No." He shook his head. "The stores are closed at this hour. Please Jude, what do you take me for? An idiot." He saw she opened her mouth to speak, a teasing look in her eyes, but he stopped her before she could even get the chance to say what he knew she would say. "We're gonna go to the back room and we're gonna switch jerseys." He stated like his solution was the most simple in the world.

Sighing, she informed him, "Or I can just switch shirts with my mum. She has a Schweinsteiger one."

Marco scoffed. "A shirt with the opposition's name? That's worse."

"Hey," Jude warned. "Don't badmouth Basti. I like him on the national team."

"Him too?" Marco felt a hint of jealousy poking at him.

"Right now it doesn't matter which club team he plays for, we are all Deutschland. He is representing our country with pride and honor." Jude told him and continued signing Marco's name on things for the fans until it was announced that the game would be starting. 

Jude stayed until the anthems finished and then disappeared into the kitchen. Marco followed behind her curiously. There, she and her mother had trays of snacks for their guests to eat. The brunette took tray after tray and drinks for everyone and was finished just seconds before the thirteenth minute. Just seconds after she walked out of the kitchen she saw how the French conceded a goal.

The people in the small cafe cheered loudly, and Jude grinned at the number on her jersey. Turning to Marco, she said, "Congratulate Hummels for me later."

Marco who was celebrating beside her immediately stopped. When she saw the smile was wiped clean off his face, she rolled her eyes at him. "Stop sulking, Marco. If this result holds up, we're going " Her words did nothing to make him feel better. Jude bit her lip, mulling over a thought before she decided to do it. Her hands reached to grab the fabric of his white national team jersey and she got on her tiptoes, pulling him down towards her until she pressed her lips against his. It was a quick and innocent kiss and when she pulled away, Marco noticed she was red in the face. "There." She stated. "I like you, are you happy now? Wait no, I don't just like you. I really like you." She said, her words hurried.

Grinning, Marco asked her, "Better than Mats?"

"Definitely." She nodded.

The German footballer's smile remained while his hands cupped her face. Jude could feel her heart race when he leaned in and kissed her sweetly on the lips.

Jude couldn't believe she was spending time with Marco Reus. But what seemed more unbelievable to her was that he liked her. What were the odds she would meet a famous footballer while playing FIFA14 and that he would take an interest in her? 

The chances were small, but somehow she had been lucky. And she couldn't be more thankful for that.

-

i know its short and i haven't updated this in a while. but this is basically the last update.

all that's left to post is the epilogue.

i might post it after i make thanksgiving dinner and eat with my family. or tomorrow morning before i do homework.

anyway, thank you all for reading and enjoying this story.

i had a lot of fun writing it.

AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO MY AMERICAN FRIENDS. i hope you all eat lots of good food and really think about all the good things we have in life. though we should appreciate everything we have each day, celebrating thanksgiving is a heartwarming american holiday. i want you all to know i am thankful for your friendship and care. and happy thursday to all my other sweethearts. 

i love you.

-clary xx