epilogue

epilogue. 

Marco and Jude spent the rest of the world cup together. On the day of the final against Argentina, Marco arrived at the cafe, determined to let Jude know he was unconditionally in love with her. Concealed under his black coat, was his national team jersey and in his right hand was another jersey which he planned to give Jude as a present.

By now, he had been at the bakery so many times that people already knew him and didn't swarm him like they did the first time. He went to sit at the back of the cafe and waited for Jude to emerge from the kitchen. 

A grin lit up his features as he saw the brunette approach him.

"Welcome." She smiled, leaning in to give him a quick kiss on the lips. "I baked some cheesecake. I know how much you like it." She informed him proudly. "Would you like some?"

Marco slid an arm around her waist and pulled her onto his lap, making her giggle. He nuzzled his face into her neck as he responded. "I like everything you bake, liebe. Hey, I have two things for you today." Everyone in the cafe watched them curiously and cheered loudly for the young couple.

She nudged him in the chest with her elbow and got back on her feet, whispering to him, "Marco, I have work to do before the game starts. Then I can take a break."

"I know." He nodded. "It'll just take a minute." Marco assured her.

"Alright," She sighed in mock annoyance. He knew she was playing when a smile broke out onto her face. Her dark eyes awaited with curiosity. "Tell me."

He held the football jersey behind himself and waited a few seconds to build suspense. Finally, he brought his hand forward for her to see the jersey he had for her. It had the number twenty-one and his name on the back. Handing it to her, he said, "I got you a much better jersey than the one you had before."

"A Mario Götze one?" She teased.

"You're funny, aren't you?" He chuckled.

Throwing her arms around his neck, she got on her tiptoes and pressed her lips against his. When she pulled away, she told him, "You know I'm joking. I love the present. Its one of the best things you can give me. But sometimes I think you spend too much money on me." In the last couple of weeks since they had met in person, Marco showered her with presents which she, for the most part, tried to decline.

"And..." He grinned, "I have one more thing to give you. Only this doesn't come in a box. And don't worry, liebe. I didn't spend money on this one."

"Oh?" She wondered, intrigued.

"This present is the gift of my heart. I," He kissed her forehead sweetly. "Want you to be my girlfriend."

He pulled back slightly to have a look at her face. Her chocolate eyes brightened and a mischievous smile appeared on her face. In that moment Marco knew the next words that would come out of her mouth were formulated to make the answer to his question more difficult than it had to be. "Let's make this more interesting." She explained, "If Deutschland wins the world cup-"

"When Deutschland wins the world cup." Marco corrected.

"If our country wins the world cup," She began again, "then, and only then, I'll be your girlfriend."

"Consider yourself my girlfriend then." Said the hazel eyed footballer. "I have faith in my country."

That was exactly what happened one hundred and thirteen minutes later. The game between both countries hoping to become world champions went into extra time and the only goal was scored by Mario Götze, giving Deutschland the victory when then final whistle rang.

Everyone in the cafe cheered while some even cried. Outside people went out onto the streets to celebrate another great victory.

Overjoyed, Jude jumped into Marco's arms and smiled down at him.

"It looks like I didn't have to be in Brazil to be a winner." He grinned. "And what better prize than a gorgeous girlfriend who can play FIFA with me?"

She nodded in agreement. "Congratulations weltmeister."

the end.

-

this story has officially ended.

i really hope you all enjoyed it just as much as i enjoyed writing it. i might post an erik durm fic i've had planned for a while now. the first book is called 'arabella' and the second one is called 'roses'.

or maybe an i'll post the isaac brizuela one cause i always say how i want more mexico nt stories on here. lol.

but anyway, 

thank you so much for reading and supporting.

i love you all.

-clary xx