.zwei.

.zwei. 

Watching his team mates play their first game against Portugal at the world cup was something of a bittersweet experience for Marco. For one, he couldn't stop thinking about the fact that he had such bad luck to suffer an injury just days before the start of the most important tournament in the world, the most important tournament of his career.

He told himself things happen for a reason. 

It wasn't his time. He thought he could still probably play the next one and he would be stronger than before. 

As expected, the national team of Deutschland was far superior to the Portugese, thrashing them around mercilessly and leaving with an end result of 4-0. There had even been a red card given to Portugal's Pepe for headbutting Thomas while he was on the ground.

It was a couple of minutes past two in the morning when the game finally ended. 

He was just going to grab the remote and turn off his television when he thought he would check how things were in the online world of FIFA 14. 

Turning on the game system, he was directed to his xbox account. Dortmund11 showed up as his display name and next to it showed a small list of his video game acievements which, if Marco was completely honest, were quite impressive. He had other games, but the one he liked most was FIFA 14, especially now that he couldn't actually be at the real FIFA tournament in Brazil. An online tournament was all he had left to boost his self-esteem and ego.

He clicked on the FIFA leaderboard to see everything remained the same.

Then he clicked on his biggest rival; BVBFan007. Marco couldn't believe some random guy out there was beating him at a video game about the sport he played for a living.

When he saw a small green dot next to their username, signaling that they were online, he quickly sent a message.

Dortmund11: Ready to play the rematch?

BVBFan007: You do realize its two in the morning, right?

Dortmund11: Any time is football time.

BVBFan007: Right.

BVBFan007: Can I ask you a question?

Dortmund11: You just did. Haha.

BVBFan007: Ha.

BVBFan007: Stop it, I'm doubling over in laughter... -.-

BVBFan007: But, honestly...

BVBFan007: I mean, how old are you?

BVBFan007: You must be a little kid or a really old guy if you have time to be on xbox all day. Leaning more towards old guy since you're up at two in the morning.

Dortmund11: Neither, actually.

Dortmund11: I'm twenty five.

BVBFan007: Oh, well then...

BVBFan007: -sigh- I truly pity you. Your life must be pretty pathetic and lonely.

BVBFan007: But there are some of us who actually contribute to society, so I'm going to bed.

BVBFan007: Goodnight, second place. ;)

BVBFan007: #foreversecond #loser

-BVBFan007 is now offline-

"Me? Pathetic?" Marco scoffed, placing the video game controller down on the couch next to him. "I contribute plenty to society. Let's see Jude defeat me in a real football match, then he won't be so high and cocky."

He got up off his couch and stretched his arms over his head, a yawn escaped his lips and he realized just how tired he really was. Marco walked over to his television, right in front of the couch and turned both the game system and television screen off.

He had his crutches with him and a padded brace around his ankle to help ease the pain, but he still walked with a slight limp. He couldn't put too much pressure on his injury.

Marco made his way to his bedroom and got ready before finally getting into bed for a good night's sleep. He knew the next day would be a bit better for him because at least he'd have something to do, even if it was just physical therapy. Then he would return home and play FIFA for a few hours.

"Tomorrow," He told himself as he thought about his opponent. "Tomorrow I'll beat that arrogant motherfucker for sure."

And with that he drifted off to sleep.

-

yay.

an update for this story!

the good thing about this is that i don't have to worry about it anymore. i already have the whole thing written out and saved in drafts ^.^ 

so whenever i want to post a new chapter, i can just post it.

anyway, i hope you all enjoy the new chapter. after this story, i want to try to write a basti fanfic cause he is my favorite german and new cap of the national team and a fanfic about him would be great. he is absolutely perfect.

so thank you for reading and please give it a nice vote!

danke ^.^

-clary xx