.fünf.

.fünf.

Jude didn't log on again for the rest of that day. 

And for the next two days after that, his opponent was never online at the same time as he was. Marco was beginning to think his new rival was avoiding him.

Soon the Germany v. Ghana game came around and he waited around all day, doing any little thing to keep his mind distracted. He went for a walk in the morning, actually went and bought some real groceries, and even had time to torture himself by snooping through his friends' instagram accounts.

He saw their posts about being happy to be in Brazil and he couldn't help but feel envious of them.

The world cup was one of the most important things in a footballer's career and he had missed his opportunity because of a stupid injury. Marco thought it wasn't fair.

Finally the pre-game show began, with some interviews of his friends in which they said the typical football statement. It was like their creed. No matter who they were going up against, they would always say, when asked about the rival, "They're a very strong team that we're going to be facing, and we hope we can come out victorious. But there are surprises in football and anything can happen.

After the pre-game show, he saw the teams walk out onto the field. When they were all standing in a line on the field, the anthems started.

When the German anthem began to play, Marco found himself singing along in the lonliness of his home. It was the anthem of his country and he was proud to be part of the national team, even though he wasn't able to go to Brazil.

The game began soon after the anthems ended and it was an intense match. Mario was the first one to score a goal at the fifty first minute and dedicated it to his best friend, just as he had promised. Marco smiled at the gesture. Mario knew how much he wanted to be there.

.

.

.

.

It was almost two hours after the game ended, with Germany at level with Ghana. Marco was surprised with the result because he knew the national team was strong enough to crush any opposition. But he also knew that nothing was certain in football and that one couldn't win ever battle as much as they could want it. Still, they hadn't lost and that was what mattered.

His xbox was connected to his account and he got on to play FIFA for a while. He was just about to click the game when there was a notification from Mario.

MGBayern: Got time to skye? The guys and I want to say hi ^.^

Dortmund11: Yeah. 

He waited for a moment and clicked the answer button when he got the video call from his friend. They were all smiling when he saw them appear on his television screen. Thomas, Bastian, Mario, Andre, and Mats were there. Each of them waved at their friend who had been left behind in Germany.

"Congratulations lads." Marco offered with a sad smile. "I watched the game on tv. You guys played well. Almost as well as me." He added jokingly at the end.

"Thanks. But don't be a cocky little bitch." Mario laughed as he said his reply. "Did you watch me score? It was the biggest thrill in the world to have all those people watching me. All those people cheering me on. And I dedicated the goal to you."

Nodding, the blonde haired boy said, "Yeah." He let out a shakey breath. "I honestly felt as though I had scored it myself. Thank you for the dedication."

Attempting to make conversation, Thomas asked Marco, "So what have you been doing?"

Wishing I were in Brazil, Marco was tempted to say. But instead he shrugged. "Nothing much, just playing a bit of FIFA 14, going for walks and physical therapy. I can't wait to get back on the field."

"Are you still ranked first?" Mario grinned.

"No." The boy with blonde hair said. "Some guy named Jude Wopschall is first place now."

Surprised, Mario said, "What? Okay, give me their username. I'll challenge them and see if they're so great."

"The guy is good." Marco warned. "His username is BVBFan007."

-

a little update to celebrate i wrote two essays of five pages each in a record time of three hours! yaaaah! i know this is horrible. i had all weekend but procrastinated the hell out of it.

but anyway, i hope you all enjoy the update.

thank you for reading and give it a nice vote yeah?

i love you.

-clary xx