Chapter 19

Neil was working in his cabin fully engrossed with the file.... his phone was silent... his uniform two shirt button was open from the top... he was chewing pencil while reading the file...

He didn't realise when the time was passing...dd walked into Neil's cabin and saw engrossed with the file... dd called Neil's name..

Dd : Neil sir...

Neil stopped eat the pencil and looked up and saw dd...

Neil : yes dd!

Dd : sir it's midnight now.. Bhabhi must be waiting for you... she called you but I think your phone was on silent... she called me and told you to inform that she is still in hospital... Bhabhi also said to pick her up Before going home....

Neil checked his phone and saw 5 miscalled from avni... Neil sighed and looked at dd...

Neil : sorry dd... I will pick avni up... you should also go home.. it's too night... should I drop you...

Dd : no sir... I will manage...

Neil nods...

Neil : okay... take care and go safely home... good night...

Dd: goodnight sir....

Dd left the cabin... Neil closed the file and saw the time on the clock...

Neil : I am so late today... thank god avni is working too till late or unless I had to bear Avni's scolding....

Neil got off his chair and packed his stuff... he shoved his phone in pocket and took file... he wore his officer cap... he walked out the his cabin and walked out of the police station...

He opened his car and kept file on passenger seat the settled himself on driver seat... he tied seatbelt and took of his cap.. he kept on passenger seat too...

He held the steering wheel and started the car....

He stopped car front of hospital... he took his phone out and dialled Avni's number...

Ring.... ring... ring.... ring went... but no answer... he kept his phone back and opened his side door.. he got out and walked inside the hospital... hospital was silent now Neil went to straight to receptionist....

Neil cleared his throat gaining receptionist attention...

Receptionist: sir you here... this night..

Neil : dr khanna!

Receptionist: oh sorry... I didn't realise dr khanna is still working... sorry sir... right now dr khanna is with one of her patient... she will be finishing soon...

Neil : no worries... I will wait for her...

Receptionist nods while Neil moved back to his car... he sat on his car with music turned on.... he closed his eye and leaned back to his seat...

While inside the hospital avni came with her bag and coat in one hand... she walked to receptionist...

Avni called the receptionist.... receptionist looked at avni and smiled...

Receptionist: yes ma'am...

Avni : tomorrow morning there is operation at 8am... I want all preparations down for it... I will be in hospital around 7:30 am... and please inform others staff too come early who will be working with me... is that clear...

Receptionist: yes ma'am, I will make sure everyone is here and everything is ready for the operation....

Avni nods and turned back to leave when receptionist called her back... avni turned back and looked at her...