Chapter 14: Luna

OW!  So yeah, it hurts.  My foot is no longer attached to the rest of me.  At least I still had my foot.  

     The healer came forward and took my foot.  I begged for it back, but she placed it by the stump where my foot had been.  It started to burn, weirdly.  I squeaked.  

     My foot was back on.  I looked at the crack in my arm uncertainly.  She touched it and it healed instantly, though it burned as well.  It was nice, knowing I was whole.  Most people don't understand what it's like to be so fragile.  

     I had gone just a touch too quickly and bent my foot too hard, to the point where it came off.  

    First thing; my shoes are still intact.  That's a start.  Second thing; the healer is on our side.  She only helps us.  The tree man still has scratches on his faces, but she doesn't seem to care.  

     My skin burned slightly where she had healed it, but I was grateful for it.  It had been a small kindness.    

     My cat stepped out of the shop, his fur still perfectly clean.  He was a tabby with white paws and a white chest.  

     "Mr. Meows?" I questioned.  My cat came up to me.  

     He opened his jaws and said "You know, I don't like that title?"  I nearly fell over.  It was my cat.  He looked at me curiously.  

     I stroked his fur and he started to purr.  I got up, struggling slightly.  Blink pulled me up on my feet.  I glanced at him curiously before looking back down at my cat.  

     "You want to join us?" I asked.  He seemed to understand, for he nodded his head.  

    "You're letting him go, but you won't let me go?" Meghan said.  She had sort of just walked up on us.  

     "We never uninvited you," I replied.  She looked at me with confusion.  Then she smirked.  

     "Well, at this point you have to let me go," she said.  Her smirk was huge on her face.  I knew she was right, but at the same time, it was painful to decide what to think of her attitude.  I thought it was intelligent but at the same time stupid and at the same time over confident.  

     I feel like she is a little cocky.  It isn't meant to be a bad thing.  Just not the greatest.  

     "Well, you can come, then," I replied.  She looked excited.  

     Her courage was something to admire if it weren't in such silly situations.  Such dangerous  situations.  

     "I can still come, right?" my cat asked.  He looked up at me.  He had always had a high pitched meow, and his voice was no different.  

     I'm sorry, but have you ever watched one of those movies where whenever the cat talks, it's in a really deep voice.  I think it sounds unnatural compared to their actual meow.  

     I've just decided to stop questioning things like that, alright?  

     Nova was sketching something on some sheet of paper that hadn't been there before.  The pencil scraped against it, working hard to draw something.  

     Banshee's eyes were wide with fascination as she moved her fingers.  Quick and they looked like they had done it a hundred times before, with so much detail.  

     She was quick, and once she was done, she showed it to us.  

     It was all of us.  Her, even with whiskers.  Me, with my foot about to heal.  Blink's eyes in no particular color and a slight blush.  Meghan, with a huge smirk on her face.  Banshee, staring at Nova with fascination.  The healer healing my foot.  The tree man was about to throw a red orb thing at no one in particular.  My cat, walking up behind us.  

     To think that this was just the beginning.