Chapter 7: Luna

So maybe I do.  I am extremely grateful for the help.  And it also helps that Blink can only tell the truth.  If he could lie, he would have.  I know that's for sure.  And he wouldn't have said that.  

    So yeah, I know that we can all help, right?  I don't know if everyone will help, but we should all help, in my opinion.  Especially since what happened to the detective.  Banshee is dangerous and Blink can read thoughts.  This is going to be fun.   

     And we all know about Nova, don't we.  Super-sensitivity.  Yeah, that's fun, too.  We're all going to have a blast finding Mark.  Nova looks at me curiously.  Her glasses were kind of funny because she had super-sensitivity.  Like, her eyes aren't super amazing, too.  She said that she could see in the dark, so that's fun.  

     Something like a finger drew a line on my skin.  It sent chills down my spine.  It wasn't a claw, I knew that, so that took away the option of it being Banshee or Nova.  I look over.  

     It's Blink.  His eyes, to me, were a shiny, acrylic-paint-like-color.  Blue.  Really nice.  He looks at me with a profound interest.  I might have just never noticed that he looks at me like that all the time, or it's that he was trying to listen to my thoughts.  

     "I think I always look at you like this," he said.  His eyes stare at me sharply.  I look at him curiously.  Did you just respond to my thoughts? I wondered and his voice came into my head yes, I am.  I was a little frightened that he could respond to people's thoughts.  

     "Can you do that to my guardian, Mark?" I asked.  He nodded his head.  

     "The only problem is that he is freaking out and it's hard for him to hear me with that negative energy levitating around him like a ring of blinding light," he replied.  He settled next to me.  I look up at him with a deep fascination.  He scoots away just a tiny bit.  I nudge him and he scoots back.  

     We both get up and walk out the door.  I grab my umbrella, though it wasn't raining.  

     "Why do you need that?" he asked me and stared at the slightly dusty umbrella.  

     "I can sense people's feelings and it's extremely painful to have them all fly at me at the same time.  My umbrella, it slows them down.  Only the most powerful ones can reach me, and it hurts, but it will work for now," I reply and glance at him curiously.  

     Oh yeah, forgot to mention that.  His waves of embarrassment shifted around me in tight knots trying to suffocate me.  

     And from time to time I have a feeling hit me that I just don't want to know about.  

     "Definitely interesting," he said and glanced at me with just a tiny look.  I could sense what the look meant.  That he thought I had known the entire time.  But I hadn't.  That was the problem.  It's sensing feelings in general.  It's difficult to focus on one person.  He was staring at me and his anxiety was slowing down it's sharp twists, slowly deciding to enjoy itself for once.  He was happy and without anxiety, which was just a touch strange.  For the moment, I mean.  

      Mark used to say that I talked faster than a character from the TV show The Politician.  Since few of us know what that is, it is difficult to understand what he means.  

     A strong sense of fear came colliding through the door like a tsunami, and I could tell where it was coming from.  

      Over 100 miles away.  I sigh.  How could I still sense that with the umbrella.  It was so powerful, I would have been able to sense it from nearly anywhere.  

     "So how are we doing this?"