Chapter 9: Meghan

The instant I say it I feel awful.  Luna glares at me.  All of them do, but her painted on eyes seemed more threatening than every else's.  I'm not quite sure why.  Banshee is also horrifying and menacing, even just sitting there.  A slight pang of fear ran down my spine.  

     Luna shivered as well and I looked at her curiously.  She plugged her nose (or as close as she could get) and tried to take in a deep breath.  Blink pulled her hair back and she seemed to vomit, though nothing came out.  It kept coming for a minute before she stopped.  

     She clutched her umbrella and opened it and pushed it up with force.  The red color started to turn darker even though nothing had touched it.  She pushed it in front of here with effort, like she was trying to stop something from hitting her.  

     She took a deep breath and it all stopped.  The impossibility of what just happened seems too... real.  Like it was something I just couldn't see.  

     "Don't call us freaks," Nova said and glared at me.  She had a furious vibe about her.  She calmed down a little.  Her gray-blue eyes glare at me before turning back to Luna.  

     Again I broke into sobs.  I don't know why I keep doing this.  Do I feel all sadness?  No, I don't think I do.  I just become sad really easily.  

     "SHUT UP, Meghan!  You know how we feel about you, don't you?" Banshee snarled and I flinched.  His sharp teeth looked like he wanted to stab each and everyone of them right into my throat.  I let only one more tear fall from my face before calming down a little bit.  

     "Seriously, Meghan, why do you cry so much?" Luna asked with a little more thought to how I feel than Banshee was willing to give.  I touched the trail where my tears had gone and looked at her with watery eyes.  

     "I just don't know how you guys take so much adventure at the same time," I said and sniffled.  Banshee glared at me before resting his head back on Nova's feet.  I let out a tiny sigh before looking at the ground.  

     Luna stood beside Blink, her eyes wide and blue.  Nova was staring at her feet with Banshee on them.  She touched his cheek gently and he got up.  She re-adjusted her glasses and looked at me.  Her eyes had a weird sad-smile vibe coming from them.  

     "Should I call Ruby?" Nova asked and looked from Luna to Blink to Banshee, avoiding looking at me.  It's because I'm not a freak, I thought and watched as they agreed and disagreed to calling Ruby.  

     They decided against it.  "Ruby would just boss us around," was the main point made.  Mostly made by Luna, that point was.  Sorry, that sounded better in my head than it did out loud.  

     I don't mean to be over dramatic, but I think that they are not letting me be a part of this because I'm not like them.  They might not take me on their little adventure.   I mean, I don't know if I want to go or not.  It's sort of just taking forever to consider it.  

     Well, if they don't take Ruby, then they probably won't take me, I thought, and almost laughed at the fact that I had even wondered if they would take me.  Also that I was thinking about this like a field trip.  It seemed that I was one point away from being able to go.  

     I smirked, just a little.  Then frowned, just considering the fact that Blink could read my thoughts.  

    He smirked and I could tell he was listening.  

     "Why, exactly, are you not taking me?"