Chapter 10: Luna

So yeah, we skipped Banshee.  Sorry if you wanted to hear about his perspective, but I just can't do it.  

     As Ruby steps forward, her red hair frizzes extra hard.  She has a golden crown with tiny gems on it to keep her hair from getting too wild, but I don't think it was quite succeeding.  Her blue eyes were squinting in a slight glare of fury.  

     "Luna, explain yourself," Ruby said.  She had a tiny red glowing orb-like thing levitating over her hand.  It was supposed to be a threat.  She forgets that it's more the impact of what hits me than the object.  

     "Mark went missing," I replied coolly.  She gasped in shock.  

     "So sorry to hear that.  Does that mean that the shop is closed?" she said.  Her eyes were almost angry now, which was strange.  

     "Yes, the shop is closed.  Though Mark still made you another of the sleep things, so if you still want it, it's all yours," I replied, knowing that that was the only thing she was really concerned about.  

     She nodded her head and got the object.  A simple glowing orb that was bigger than her head.  It levitated.  

     "Were you following me?" Nova asked, gaping at her.  

     "Yes, I wanted to.  Just for fun.  I only did it today, I promise," she replied and threw her sister a sad face, like she was pretending to be innocent.  It was painful to watch.  

     "Well, we're on our way to find Mark.  We don't want you to come, so don't even ask," I said, cutting to the chase.  She understood, but she frowned.  Nova adjusted her glasses.  

     Another tsunami came rushing over me.  It was getting in every crack of my skin, trying to drown me.  I plugged my nose, though it hardly ever helped.  Not now, not ever.  

     It was filling my throat.  Filling my lungs.  I begged for air.  

     Again I vomited up water that was Mark's fear, Blink pulling back my hair.  My teeth were chattering.  I could tell my cheeks were pink.  I don't know why I could tell.  I just knew that.  

     He must be looking through my eyes, I thought and took a breath, pulled up my umbrella, and hoped that I wouldn't get too dream-soaked.  It was like being in a dream that you were too stuck in to feel the difference between reality and dream-state until you wake up.  

     I was dizzy, but I don't know why.  My vision was twisting.  I felt like I was about to pass out.  Meghan looked at me with her hand on her hip.  

     "Catch me," I said, no more than a whisper.  My shoe slipped and a darkness caught me.  I had passed out.  I really hope someone had actually caught me.  It would have shattered nearly all my skin.  

     A slight light came echoing across.  The ground was cold, and I wasn't wearing shoes.  

     There was a wall.  I reached out and touched it with my fingers until I found the light.  I silhouette was pushing against the wall.  Mark's silhouette.  It was pushed up against the wall, and the wall was stretching like a bungee.  I backed away.  

     "Luna!" the walls begged in his voice.  "You don't need to go.  You can take me, just don't take her," begged the voice.  It was trailing into sobs.   Long, whimpering sobs.  I touched the wall.  A light reached out where I touched, it spread like deadly vines.  His fear was the darkness, and I was the light.  I could feel the point of the message.  

     The deadly black vines stretched out and tried to choke me.  I simply raised my chin and the light crawled out, burning the vines.  They shriveled and died.  I fell to the ground.  I hadn't been that high, but it still hurt and slightly cracked my porcelain feet.  

     Mark's breaths were heaving sobs all around me.  It was like his voice was on a microphone and I was surrounded by speakers.  

     And then I woke up.   

In the Depths of Porcelain (A Depths book) (book 1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें