Chapter 4: Banshee

My name is Banshee.  I'm basically a dragon from an Avatar movie.  Blue and yellow.  My four eyes.  I usually startle people, and I'm not sure why.  I don't know why they named me Banshee.  Like you couldn't of been more creative, could you? So I have the name Banshee.  

     "Hi," Nova said.  Her gray-blue eyes stared at me with an intimidating curiosity, my natural fright starts to kick me sort of hard.  My four eyes stare at her back, which may seem strange since they're on the side of my face, but I assure you, it is possible.  

     The boy that can look into dreams stared at me.  His eyes, to me, were turquoise and yellow, one of each color.  I stared him in the eyes for a moment before turning to the dog man.  Though I can't judge, he was indeed a little strange.  

     "Hello, em, sir, what is your name and why are you here?" asked the dog man.  His huge, puppy-dog eyes stare at me with a deep intensity, but the problem is that it is nearly impossible to take him seriously.  

     "My name is Banshee and I'm here because I sensed something up," I replied.  They were all looking at me curiously.  

     "I can communicate and ask where the shop keeper is," the dream watcher offered.  Nova and the porcelain doll girl looked at him curiously.  Also deep curiosity.  He had a deep blush, and I'm not quite sure why.  

     I clumsily sat down next to them and shook the dust from my skin.  They ignored me.  And if you're wondering why I only know Nova's name, that is for my own reasons, so none of your business.  

    Okay, fine.  She used to be one of my best friends and then I crushed on her (still do) and she never talked to me for quite some time for some reason.  

     And in that moment, she was examining my teeth with profound interest.  I think that my teeth had grown in nice and sharp, thank you very much.  She walked up to me and put her finger and pulled up the skin to see my teeth.  I backed up by instinct.  She frowned at me.  

     I closed my eyes and spread out all four of my wings.  I'm not quite sure why, but it felt right.  I let out a scream so loud that it echoed through nearly the whole block.  

     They all covered their ears.  Right, I thought, most of them have extreme sensitivity.  Nova ran over to try to calm me down.  She touched my face and gently touched the bond and I felt a tiny SPARK! run through my whole system.  It was like a sparkler in my veins.  

     I dropped down and my wings dropped.  She wrapped her arms around my neck and sighed my name.  I leaned into her.  I was on all fours, which was more comfortable.  Nova's tears ran down my skin.  

     "So I take it you know him," the porcelain girl said.  I looked at her.  Her arms were crossed and her shoes were extremely sharp.  

     "You know, you could kill someone with those shoes, if you wanted to?" I said with a deep fascination and nervousness and also a little hurt that Nova had never mentioned me.  

     "Luna understands that, yes," Nova said.  Her ears flicked back and she flinched.  

     "Trouble?" asked the dream seer.  He looked at Luna, who nodded her head.  Luna mouthed something to Nova and the dream seer, they both nodded their heads, and ran off without her.  

     "So you're name's Banshee?" she asked me.  She looked at me curiously and also with a little concern.  

     "Indeed," I replied and sat back down.  She had a tiny chip on her leg, and though it should have seemed insignificant, it didn't feel like it.  

     "And you're looking for what, exactly?" she asked.  Her painted on blue eyes felt like they stared into my very being. 

     "Who, me?"