Chapter 5: Meghan

Yep, it's me.  Just a normal girl.  Meghan.  I was going to the shop out of pure curiosity.  

     Okay, fine.  That is a massive lie.  I was going to the shop because I was fascinated at the idea that I could get any item made out of thin air.  I wanted to get something that no one else had.  It had always seemed impossible until just recently that I had come up with an idea that no one else had.  

     Plus the fact at how recommended the shop was.  

     So when I enter and say "who me?" at the statement that the porcelain doll girl had said, I had thought that that had been simply impoliteness.  

     Until I saw the dog man kneeling and investigating some weird object and the giant dragon-like creature on the floor.  Now I know why.  I think I know the porcelain girl, but not that well.  And the dragon thing.  No way.  And whoever that dog man is, I've never seen him before.  They isolate us normal people from them.  The freaks.  I mean, there is the boy who can look at people's dreams and thoughts.  He goes to our school.  Also that porcelain girl and the girl with the super sensitivity.  

     But not this monster.  His wings were splayed around him.  He glared at me from the floor.  I shivered.  He was rather scary.  Sharp teeth and grand wings.  It was impossible not to try to shrivel away just at the sight of him.  

     I couldn't imagine him being angry.  He would be scary.  

     Luna was dragging her porcelain fingers along his spine and everywhere she touched his skin shivered.  It was strange.  She must have cold hands, I thought.  It would make sense, since she was made of porcelain.  

     "Hi, Meghan," Luna said and looked at me.  Her painted-on blue eyes were shiny.  

     "What are you doing?" I asked and glanced at the dragon creature on the floor with fascination.  

     "Calming him down.  Banshee got a little out of control a minute ago and I am staying here to babysit, so yeah," she replied.  Banshee glared at her.  His four eyes were fierce.  His back claws dug back and tripped the detective to the floor.  He smirked and stuck his claws in the dog man's face.  

     "BANSHEE!" Luna yelled and pulled Banshee away from the dog man.  The dog man was backing up.  Banshee got out of her grasp and stabbed his massive claws into the detective's chest.  The dog man let out one last whimper before his eyes glazed over.  There was blood all over the tiled floor.  

     ¨You should know by now  that I don't like the term 'babysitting',¨ he growled.  He was obviously angry, and guess what?  He's scary.  So naturally, I was scared and shivering.  Especially the fact that he had just killed  the dog man.  Honestly horrifying.  And he hadn't even done anything.  It was really scary.  

     ¨What do you want?¨ he growled at me, like he could sense my fear and shock. 

     ¨I...I just came to buy something because I heard that the shop was really good and.....¨ I said shakily.  

     ¨And what?" he snapped.  

     ¨I just wanted to have something no one else had,¨ I blubbered.  I broke into sobs and he smirked just a tiny bit.  His eyes still glared at me, but he looked frightened at my sobs.  He pulled his ears back to avoid the sound of me noisily sobbing.  

     "SHUT UP," he snapped, like I was just talking over him.  I continued to blubber and he bared his teeth at me.  I stopped and sniffled.  He glared at me, then looked at the body of the dog man.  He cackled.  It was an evil sound that nearly brought me to my knees.  Of course, it didn't.  I was just REALLY FREAKING SCARED, so yeah, I think all is just about normal.  

     ¨We have a problem.¨