80

“Yes, that’s right!” Carmen laughed. “I know who you are.” She smirked. “Darn! You had us all fooled, you smooth bitch!” She continued to laugh, placing both her hands on the table for support, feeling proud to have MJ Billings at her mercy. At least that was what she thought.

She had no idea what MJ Billings had in store for her. “And I underestimated you.” MJ said, sitting up straight. You have it bad! MJ thought.

Carmen was willing to do anything to keep Logan that she did not realize the mistake she had made, but even if she did, it would have been too late. Not only did MJ Billings have leverage on her now, she practically had her life in her hands. But like the snake she was, MJ kept quiet, preying on her like silent venom.

“And I proved you wrong.” Carmen said proudly.

MJ studied her. She was a fair girl, beautiful beyond doubt. She was wearing a short brown button-up dress that reached above her knees, a brown leather jacket that was left unzipped, and ankle-length black leather boots. Her blond hair was hanging on her shoulders and her hands were plunged with bangles of different colours and sizes. She was beautiful, but her personality… 

She sat back down and crossed her legs. “And now I’m going to show the world just how you and your brother are snakes.” She said and played with her hair, wearing a faraway look, clearly imagining her upcoming victory. "Just imagine the look on Logan's face when he learns what you two did." She chuckled. "He's gonna hate y’all, but mostly, he is going to hate you." She smiled and bit on her lip at the thought. "And then he will come running into my arms." She said dreamily.

MJ looked at her and thought of how desperate this girl was. She was willing to ruin their reputations just to win a man’s heart, which was, in MJ’s vocabulary, stooping low. MJ was so pissed that she could not believe the words that came out of her mouth next. “Neither men or women are to force love, if the person does not love you, walk away. What’s the use of being with someone if you are going to be unhappy?” MJ asked with her hand on her chin. She could not believe that she was actually preaching about love, something she did not quite understand herself.

“He is going to love me. He loves me.” Carmen said angrily.

“Sometimes love is not everything.” MJ retorted.

They sat in silence, staring at each with intense gazes. Carmen was about to say something when the door opened, revealing a shocked Logan. “Now this is not something you walk into every day.” He breathed, trying to suppress his shock and relief at the same time. For what? He was not sure, but he felt relieved.

“We were just leaving.” Carmen said and pushed back her chair. She noticed that MJ had not gotten up and was staring intensely at her. “Isn’t that right, May?” She said and raised an eyebrow at her.

MJ pursed her lips together and looked over at Logan before she shifted her gaze back to Carmen. “Of course.” She said in fake enthusiasm and got up.

She fixed her dress and headed for the door. Logan held the door open for the both of them, and MJ stepped out first, followed by Carmen. He closed the door and gestured for them to move on. He walked in the middle, with Carmen on his left and MJ on his right, and as they were walking down the stairs, someone came running from behind and bumped into them, causing them to lose balance. Logan caught MJ in time, but it was too late for Carmen.

“CARMEN!” Logan shouted, and silence fell in the house as Carmen rolled down the stairs. She landed on her back at the end of the stairs and did not move. Logan let go of MJ and jogged down the stairs over to where Carmen laid. “Carmen.” He said quietly, pushing the blonde strands out of her face, but she did not move. “Carmen?” He shook her roughly, but it was no use. “Carmen!” He shouted.