46

It was around 7p.m. and MJ was getting ready for her dinner with Jameson and his mom. He was going to pick her up at 8p.m. since she did not know where he stayed. To top it off, Shannon and Liam had not returned from their shopping. So basically, she had no driver.

She had just finished drying her hair and was walking around her room in her matching white underwear when her new phone rang up. She walked to her bed and checked the caller’s ID, but it was an unknown number, but she knew it was Logan. She swiped the screen and answered the call, “Hello?”

“May, this is Logan speaking. Where are you?” He asked, and MJ rolled her eyes. Who else would it be? She thought.

“At home.” She said and crossed her arms while scanning through her clothes, not sure what to wear.

“Listen; there is an important meeting tonight.” Logan said, and MJ closed her eyes and pursed her lips. When she did not say anything, he added, “I want you to be there.”

The arrogant son of a bachelor! MJ gritted her teeth. “I can’t. I am having dinner with a friend. Why don’t you ask your baby mama to come with you?” She asked and she could almost imagine Logan clenching his jaw.

“Carmen is not in the right condition to attend this meeting. If you don’t show up for this dinner, don’t even bother showing up for work tomorrow, and consider our deal off.” He threatened her. She remained silent, and he continued, “My driver will be there to drop off your dress and he will wait for you to finish dressing.” He said and hung up.

MJ groaned and threw her phone on the bed. “Bastard!” She cussed and paced around the room with her hand on her waist while biting on her fingernails. She sighed and picked up her other phone, and dialled a number.

The phone rang once, and the person answered. “MJ, I was about to call you and check if you were ready.” Jameson said.

“Jay, Logan called and he wants me to attend a meeting with him.” She said apologetically, and Jameson sighed into the phone.

A few seconds of silence passed between them, and he finally spoke. “The bastard.” He cussed.

“That’s what I said.” MJ sighed. “Bye, Jay. Send my apologies to Mrs Petersen.”

“Bye, MJ. Use protection!” MJ groaned and hung up. The doorbell rang just as she was about to walk out of her room. She sighed and put on her gown, and then she walked into the sitting room and opened the door.

“Hi, I’m not sure if am at the right place, but I’m looking for Miss May Smith.” A tall and buff African man whom she recognised as Logan’s driver, stood at the door, holding two big shopping bags.

MJ grabbed the bags and slammed the door in his face, and then she walked back into her bedroom and changed into her new clothes, and surprisingly, both the dress and shoes fitted her perfectly well.

She styled her hair and did her makeup. She grabbed her purse, threw in her two phones, and took her pills before she left the apartment.

Outside the building, she found a limo parked, and Logan’s driver opened the door for her. “You look beautiful, mam.” He said.
MJ glared at him, and said with a tight smile, “tell me something I don’t know already,” and then she got into the limo. The driver closed the door, got into the driver’s side, and drove off.

“Mam, we are here.” The driver announced, holding the door open for her.

The ride was the longest thirty minutes of her life, and throughout the entire ride, all she could was how she would have preferred to work for a toothless, bald-headed man than work for Logan Parker. He was an arrogant bully.