11 ||

"You can't tell anyone about this." Logan Parker warned the bubbly woman who had her hand slung over his as they walked into Parker's Enterprises at 12.p.m.

"I won't tell anyone, I promise." Natalia proclaimed loudly so that everyone could hear her, and then she shot Logan an innocent grin when he groaned. Logan walked her to her desk where the other two secretaries were packing their things, getting ready to leave for lunch. "Hey, it is lunchtime." She said in mock shock when her partners walked around the desk.

"Now this is not a sight Carmen would like to see." One of the secretaries said as she stood in front of Logan and Natalia.

Everyone knew they were close and were used to seeing them together, especially since Natalia was Logan's secretary. She was supposed to work with him on the top floor; she even had her own office and a desk outside his office door. However, Natalia refused to work upstairs, claiming that the place was too quiet and lonely, so she chose to work with the other secretaries on the ground floor. Although Sonya was his PA, Natalia did most of the work because he trusted her more than anyone else in the building.

"Well, hello, Demi. It's nice to see you!" Natalia said cheekily while Logan just stood there and watched. He knew Demi was a nosy person and gave Natalia and Mosetsanagape a hard time at the workstation, but he did not want to jump in because everyone would accuse him of favouritism, if being called nepotistic was not enough already, especially because David's wife, Jorge's girlfriend, Thuso's wife, and Natalia worked for him. "I thought the first thing I would hear from you was going to be 'good afternoon, Natalia, how are you?' Because you were not yet in when Mr Parker and I left." Natalia said sarcastically, and Demi's face turned red from embarrassment. Logan stood back with his hands in his pocket and watched as Natalia roasted the poor woman.

Demi was beautiful, and yet very spiteful. Like Natalia, she was tall, though much better looking. She had curves, a good chest, and long tanned legs. She had long blonde-brown hair that reached below her shoulders and had stunning greenish-brownish eyes. She was a part-time model outside of the office and was exactly what a cover page model would look like. She was wearing a long emerald green dress that reached her ankles, and long narrowed black heels. She wore a long, half-sleeved thin jersey to cover her bare shoulders and her long hair was tied back into a neat ponytail. Her makeup was minimal, although she did not need it, and her thin pale lips were adorned in a nude lip-gloss. She was an example of perfection; she was gorgeous and she knew it. Too bad her attitude was not so gorgeous.

"And please, while at it, tell your Queen Bee, Carmen, that Logan took me out for lunch, and then we went for an early morning ice-cream date. Don't forget to tell her that we walked into the office hand in hand and that he proposed to me in front of the entire staff, and I said yes." Natalia rambled on and on, her arms crossed on her chest. Logan was doing his best not to laugh, so he just settled for a smirk.

Before Natalia could continue, Mosetsanagape, the African secretary came and dragged Demi away, but not before ordering Natalia to join her at La Café. Logan and Natalia watched as they walked away and did not miss the action where Demi pulled her hand out of Mosetsanagape's grasp and yelled for her to leave her alone.

"Don't even think of leaving this office; you just had your lunch break," Logan told Natalia in a serious tone as they continued to stand side-by-side, watching people move around.

Natalia just laughed aloud and said through her laughter, "if you think I'm going to miss my lunch break, then you are deluded. This is the only time the ladies and I get to catch up, okay? And I'm not missing it for the world or you for that matter." She finished off with a sigh.

Logan just smiled and shook his head. "I missed this, you know?" Logan said in a serious tone as he turned to face her.

She looked at him and gave him a warm smile. "Me too." She admitted shyly and pushed a lock of hair behind her ear. Logan smacked her fingers away and released her hair again. "Logan." She said annoyingly, pushing his hand away, and he just laughed.

"Look, I'm sorry I have been such a bad friend lately. I've just been busy." Logan said, and Natalia just nodded. She knew what he meant by 'busy,' but she did not push the topic.

"Let me just check my messages before I leave." She sighed and walked around the reception desk where her voicemail box stood, and she listened to her messages. She frowned as she listened to the same voice repeatedly. "Logan, it looks like David Botha has been trying to reach you all day long, he says it is an urgent matter and you are not taking his calls," Natalia said as she continued listening to the voicemails. "Is everything okay?" She asked.

Logan's entire demeanour changed instantly at the mention of David's name. He was probably calling to bug him about bailing his brother out; he wished he could go another day without a mention of his brother's name. "Enjoy your lunch, Natalia." He said with a tight smile. "And remember, do not tell anyone." He reminded her about their talk earlier.

"I won't, I promise," Natalia said with a sad look. Something was wrong with Logan, but if he did not want to talk about it, she was not going to push. Her face suddenly lit up like a Christmas tree as she remembered something. "But I will tell Mosetsanagape that Sonya has a lawyer. I can't wait to see the look on her face when I tell her!" She beamed, and at that moment, Logan was grateful for her bubbly personality, that way she would not ponder on what was bothering him.

"For the nth time," Logan sighed, "she is not a lawyer." He rolled his eyes.

"But Mosetsanagape does not need to know that!" Natalia beamed before she walked around the desk to give him a side hug.

"Have fun!" He said as she rushed away from him. He looked at the voicemail box on the desk and clenched his jaw, and then he walked off to his elevator.