24 ||

It was 12 a.m. London time and Jorge had just arrived at Billings Corporation. He was not surprised to find someone else standing behind Meryl's desk but he asked anyway, and the girl told him that both Anita and Meryl were unavailable. He sighed and walked to the elevator, ignoring all the stares he was getting from his employees, but it was to be expected since he had decided to dress up like a secret agent; a black suit and dark shades.

He was glad the moment the elevator doors because the stares he was getting were intensifying his headache. Cameron was to blame for all of this; Jorge could not even remember what they were talking about because of the alcohol Cameron kept feeding him. The only thing he remembered was the time when he was telling Cameron about proposing to Sonya. Jorge did not understand how Meryl ended up at his place; he did not remember ordering roses or having them sent to Meryl. There had to be some kind of misunderstanding, or there was a mastermind behind this little issue.

He was grateful when he arrived at the top floor. For once, he had to applaud MJ for banning her employees from the top floor; securing it for herself and Jorge. Jorge let the silence comfort him as he strolled into the office, unaware of his companion. He did not realize that MJ's chair was turned away from him. He walked straight to the stand, where his alcohol was placed, and then he poured himself a drink. What a way to charm your clients? He thought as he gulped down his drink.

"Drinking during work hours?" A voice asked.

Jorge spat out his drink and turned around abruptly to be met with a face he was not expecting. "Parker, what are you doing here?" He asked in shock and lowered his shades.

Logan stood up from the chair and fixed his jacket. "Came to find out who exactly gave you the right to bail out my brother," Logan said icily, and Jorge flinched at his tone. He had been dreading this day, and it came too soon and at the wrong time.

"I can explain." He sighed and took off his shades, and placed them in the front pocket of his suit jacket.

"Good. Because that's exactly what I'm looking for. It's not every day Sasha-Lee Van der Merwe pays you a visit and tells you that your two most trusted friends betrayed you.

Jorge and Logan settled down on the couch, and Jorge poured them drinks despite the fact that they were both suffering from a massive hangover. Logan was as pissed as hell, and Jorge was trying his best not to bolt out the door. Logan and Jorge had been friends since childhood, although Jorge was a few years his senior. They met through their fathers who were both rich executives. He knew Logan had a bad temper as compared to his playful nature. He often wondered how Logan put up with him, probably by counting to ten in his head all his life. Whatever the cause, Jorge was grateful to have had him by his side all these years.

Logan was forced to grow up at a very young age and people always expected the best from him. His father always encouraged him to be his best in everything. It almost never occurred to him why until his siblings started getting out of control. His sister spent more than twenty thousand rands on a daily basis at the age of sixteen and partied all day and night, and his brother got mixed up with the wrong crowds, and since then, they had been uncontrollable. He had not seen his sister in three years but saw his brother once after a while. "Montana and Cameron are my responsibility, you know?" Logan said quietly while playing with his glass.

"I know," Jorge said, and Logan scoffed.

"No, you don't. If you did, you would never have gone behind my back and bailed Cameron out of prison." Logan deadpanned.

"I'm sorry, okay? But I couldn't leave him to rot in prison, besides, it was David who came to me." Jorge gritted.

"I don't give a rat's ass who came to who!" Logan jumped out of the couch and threw the glass against the wall. "Cameron is my brother, my brother! I decide what to do with him. You think I left him in that fucking prison 'cause I don't care?" He asked, and Jorge just watched him in silence. Logan could shout all he wanted, as long as he kept his hands to himself, there would be no problem. "He's my brother, dammit! I want what is best for him. I left him in that prison so that he could learn a goddamn lesson. What is a week in jail? Cameron is a big boy; he can fend for himself if he damn well pleases." He shouted and ran a hand through his dark curls, and then he sighed. "I love him, okay?" He laughed darkly. "Despite everything, I love him, and I would never give up on him. You have to trust me on that." He took in a deep breath and finally slumped down on the couch.