32 ||

Logan had invested so much money into this plan of his. He had gotten her Apple electronics only; a laptop, phone, and tablet, and they were all registered under May Smith, and all three of them had her email address on them, but if Logan thought she was going to use his things; he had another thing coming.

As if reading her mind, her new phone rang and Logan's name flashed on the screen. If the phone was not so loud and she did not have a headache, she was probably not going to answer it. Unfortunately, the bloody thing was getting louder by the minute. MJ groaned and answered the call, "Yes?"

"I'm still waiting for my coffee, Miss Smith. I like my coffee strong, with two sugars and a lot of milk." Logan said and hung up on her. MJ groaned and slammed the phone on the desk, and prayed to all the gods she could think of, that the bloody thing was broken.

She got up and left her office, and went to the private kitchen, which she had to search for first because her tour guide cared too damn much about her well-being to show her the kitchen. The kitchen was not as big as the one downstairs; it was obvious that it was made for one single human being. Everything was small, and the place was not as heavily equipped as the staff kitchen; there was only an urn, a mini water tank, a few mugs, a bar fridge, a few containers with milk, sugar, and coffee.

Making coffee was a problem; everything was right there in front of her, but she could not even fathom what came first, or what was supposed to be done. Did she put the coffee in the urn with the sugar and milk, and then boil it all together? Only God and all the good citizens of planet earth knew. Having a helper for every little thing did that to you; you even forgot to do the simplest things like making coffee. Or it has a little bit to do with the alcohol in your system. That little voice chided, and MJ shut it up. "Shut up! I need to think." She snapped in a low voice. She opened the urn, placed the lid aside, and then she opened the container with the coffee and lifted it over the urn. The evil voice was busy shouting for her to pour the damn thing in, while a small voice at the back of her head told her not to do it, but that one evil voice that was filling her head with nonsense said, "do it, do it, do it! Pour the damn thing in!" MJ slammed the container back on the counter and groaned in frustration.

"I am so not doing this." She said and walked out of the kitchen, and hours later, she was in the kitchen downstairs. It was a difficult journey, everyone wanted to speak with the great May Smith, but thanks to her glares, people stepped out of her way and the rest of her journey to the famous kitchen was peaceful. She was hoping to find readymade coffee there; she was pretty sure she had seen a jug when Natalia showed her the kitchen about an hour ago. However, she was disappointed when she found the jug empty. Who finished that mouthful jug of coffee? She thought in annoyance, and that little voice chided in again, only God and all the good citizens of planet earth know!

While she was still thinking of all the possible ways of eliminating that voice and at the same time thinking about how to make coffee for the bastard upstairs, a guy walked into the kitchen. Great, a human being! MJ groaned internally. Good-looking human being who is here to make coffee, that little damned voice said again. Though this time, MJ would have to agree with her, the guy was not bad at all. In fact, he was a walking perfection dressed in a full red suit. Yes, a perfectly tailored red suit, a white shirt, and a black tie. "Great, now I'm officially naming you June so that you can bitch all you want." MJ had not realised that she said that out loud until she heard a choked laughter. She looked up and saw Red Suit giving her a weird look.

"I'm sorry, how rude of me. I'm Jay, you must be new here; I've never seen you before." The guy said. He was a bit tall and had a fit, muscular body. He had the looks that screamed 'hot'- dark hair, a well-shaved beard, and a perfect face.

"May. Nice to meet you, Jay." MJ said and shook his hand.

He gave her a cheeky smile and started gathering mugs, sugar, coffee and milk.

"May as in the famous new PA?" He asked, and MJ heaved a sigh and gave a stiff nod. "Well, pleased to meet you, May. I have a feeling that we are going to make good friends, even our names rhyme." He said cheerfully, and MJ gave him an incredulous look. Are we fine up there, brother? She thought. "I'm making coffee, do you want some?" He asked, adding spoons of sugar in his cup. Yay, a great human being who can make coffee! June sang, and MJ rolled her eyes.

"Yes, please." MJ said, her voice filled with relief.

"How do you like your coffee?" He asked.

MJ bit her lower lip and tried to remember what Logan had told her. The information came at the cost of her head; it was quite hard to think with a throbbing head, and right now, she was only praying that Jay finished fast.

"Strong, with two sugars and a lot of milk."

"Wow, really? That's exactly how I like my coffee too." Jay said with glee, and MJ cringed. "See, our names rhyme and we take our coffee alike; we are definitely meant to be friends!" How lovely, I bet now that you also take your coffee the same way as Logan Parker, you are meant to be friends too? MJ thought sarcastically. "You know, we should go out for lunch sometime."

"Sure, that would be great." She lied.

"Okay, my office is just around the corner. Just ask for Jameson Petersen or Lolitta Leibrandt." He said, adding water into the cups.

Oh, so you add water to the cups after adding everything else? That is easy. MJ thought with a small smirk. NO. You add the coffee to the boiler! June sang with laughter, and MJ glared at her, shutting her up.

"Lolitta?" MJ asked curiously.

"Yeah, Lolitta, but we call her Lola. She is my office mate and one of my closest friends. She is not around at the moment, but she's coming back on Monday." He spoke freely.

"Lolitta Leibrandt, you said?" MJ asked calmly, and he nodded. "And she's coming back on Monday?" She asked, narrowing her eyes into slits.

"Yes and yes."

Mosetsana peeked through the door and looked between the two. "Jay, there's a call for you." She said.

"Oh? Put them on hold." He brushed her off, but she just crossed her arms.

"He said if you are not back in the next sixty seconds, you're fired." She shouted over her shoulders as she walked away, and Jay stopped what he was doing and ran out of the kitchen without any explanation. You had better take his coffee before he fires you too. June said, and for once, MJ agreed with her.

MJ sighed and took one cup of coffee, and walked out of the kitchen. She stopped and watched Jay speaking cheerfully into the phone at the reception desk. She looked at the coffee in her hands and looked back at the kitchen, and then she looked at Jay again and made up her mind. She walked back into the kitchen and took the other cup of coffee, and then she hurriedly walked to the private elevator and entered. She got off on the last floor and carefully walked to the kitchen and changed the cups. She took the coffees and dropped hers in her office before she walked to Logan's office and knocked on the door. "Come in!" Logan shouted in a brittle tone. MJ opened the door and walked in, carefully placed the coffee on the desk, and turned to walk away. "Took you long enough." Logan commented, and MJ turned around to face him. "Why weren't you answering your phone?" He asked, stirring the coffee.

"If whatever it is you wanted was urgent, then you would have sent for me." She said and turned away from him again, this time making it to the door before he could say anything.

Logan took a sip of his coffee and moaned. "This is good, you should make this every day. In fact, I want to find coffee in the morning when I come to work, I want coffee during lunchtime and later on before we knock off." He said, devouring the coffee, and MJ froze on her steps. "Wait!" He shouted the moment she turned the doorknob. She sighed and tightened her grip on the handle. "Lola forwarded some documents to your email, please print them out and bring them to my office." That name again!

"Yes, Sir!" She said sarcastically and quickly left his office. She walked into her office, covered the coffee, and stored it away, and then she sat behind her desk and laid her arms on the desk.

'Okay, my office is just around the corner. Just ask for Jameson Petersen or Lolitta Leibrandt'. The name Lolitta Leibrandt kept ringing in MJ's head. How could Sonya not warn her about this? Because she's a bitch? June suggested, and MJ silently agreed with her.

Lolitta Leibrandt was one of her brother's and Logan Parker's best friends and she knew MJ from high school. If she was coming back on Monday, she was definitely going to blow MJ Billings' cover.