09 ||

"What woman?" Sonya asked, confused by the sudden change in both their demeanours. They seemed to be getting along very earlier when they were busy insulting her, but right now they looked like all they wanted to do was to rip each other apart.

"The woman who emptied an entire bottle of champagne on me last night." Logan gritted angrily.

MJ gave a sarcastic laugh and ran a tongue over her teeth at the confession. "So you are the bastard from last night, huh?" She said, gritting her teeth.

Logan's own temper flared and he narrowed his eyes at her. "What did you just call me?" He asked.

"You heard me, bastard." MJ mocked, and Sonya took this chance to intervene as she stood between them and placed her hand on Logan to stop him from lunging at MJ.

The tension in the room was palpable that Sonya wished the floor could just swallow her up, it literally felt like being in a kraal with two bulls.

"Guys, I'm sure there is a good explanation to this..." Sonya waved her hands in the air before she placed her hand back on Logan's chest.

Logan's jaw clenched as he stared down at her hand on his chest. He had missed it the first time because his attention was on a certain someone, but it was hard to miss this time.

"Get your hand off of me," Logan muttered sharply, his eyes not leaving the hand. Sonya, who was a little oblivious to her actions, suddenly removed her hand as if a jolt of electricity had burnt her. Logan snapped his eyes back to MJ; the only explanation here was that May Smith had humiliated him in public. "You are right. I am so sorry for my behaviour, Miss Smith." He said, looking pointedly at MJ who held a steely gaze of her own as she took a note of his sarcasm.

Sonya's mouth hung agape as she stared at her boss. Mr Logan J. Parker was not a man of apologies. "Uhm..." She started but was cut off by Logan's voice.

"Your sister can start tomorrow at 7a.m. if she's still up for it," Logan said, arrogance laced in his words.

MJ narrowed her eyes at him. He was challenging her. He was challenging her to take up the position to work as a PA for a week while at the same time; he was trying to intimidate her into throwing the towel after finding out that they were apparently, enemies sent from hell.

MJ stood up straight and held her head high, silently telling him to bring it on. Logan was momentarily shocked by her perseverance but quickly covered it up. "Tomorrow it is, Mr Parker," MJ stated with a smirk on her face.

Logan stood up from the desk he was leaning on and sauntered towards her with a determined look. "Welcome to Parker's Enterprises, Miss Smith." He said smoothly as he took her hand into a firm shake.

"I look forward to working with you, Mr Parker," MJ said coolly while gripping at his hand. Logan looked down at their joined hands before looking up at her dancing brown eyes. She was really enjoying this.

"Likewise," Logan replied and retracted his hand from her hold. He slipped his hands in his pockets and turned to Sonya. "Give your grandmother my well wishes, Miss Smith." He said with a firm nod, dismissing them.

"Thank you, Sir." Sonya gave a slight bow before hurrying out of the office, hoping that MJ followed her.

"Good day, Mr Parker," MJ said in a singsong voice and smirked as she walked out of his office.

"Shit," Logan muttered under his breath before he remembered that this was his only way of getting his revenge on her and to fulfil her wishes as per the restaurant manager's words. "BRING YOUR WORK FILE TOMORROW!" He shouted, and the words were not missed MJ who was furiously punching on the elevator buttons. Why push her away, when he can have her for a week and have his way with her until she finally quits? She quits and Sonya Smith is fired. Two birds, one stone. Logan smirked as he took his seat.

"Get her luggage out of my car," MJ ordered Liam with a cold voice the moment she stepped out of the building, with Sonya on her trail.

"But, MJ-" Sonya started pleadingly but was cut off indignantly.

"Liam." MJ gritted in a low voice that sent the driver into work mode. He took out Sonya's entire luggage from the boot and placed it on the sidewalk before he opened the passenger door for MJ.

MJ got into the car without sparing Sonya another glance while she hugged herself and stood there helplessly.

Liam closed MJ's door and gave Sonya an apologetic look before he got into the driver's side.

The car started and the window rolled down to a fraction, and Sonya gulped down aggressively as MJ came into view. MJ had not said anything to her since they left the office. It seemed as though she did not want to spare her a second glance.

"Sonya Smith." Her name was like venom coming out of MJ's mouth. "Enjoy your vacation while it lasts. Go and see your grandmother, spoil her rotten; buy her chocolates and roses, and tell her that you love her each and every second. Make up for lost time because no one is going to do that for her after she attends your burial." MJ said in a calm and cool voice that sent shivers down Sonya's spine. "Have a safe flight."