58

“BREAKING NEWS: Snegugu Khumalo-Davids calls it quits after finding out about her husband’s past affairs. Apparently, when the young and rich multimillionaire, Kyle Davids, went on a business trip in Brazil a few months ago, he was allegedly spotted with a hot Brazilian woman (no offense to Snegugu). They were seen together on a number of occasions and they looked happy together. A source tells us that Mr Davids was planning to marry her, but how would he do that with a wife back home and his father on his neck? That is right Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kyle Davids was only in it for money; his marriage to Miss Khumalo was a business deal put together by their parents as a way to keep the two families together. 

Please don't get things twisted. Mr Kyle Davids is definitely a douche, but Miss Khumalo is not innocent either; she was spotted leaving a hotel suite with Cape Town's bachelor and multi-billionaire, Mr Logan Parker of Parker's Enterprises a week before their partnership in the new restaurant, 5 Stars, was settled. And of course, the two looked so cosy together, so touchy-feely. Who could have thought that Miss Khumalo was capable of something as sleeping her way to the top? Well, they said it: looks can be deceiving."

Written by: Sasha-Lee Van der Merwe
Date: 28 April 2017

“That bi-” Logan said angrily, but Jorge cut him off.

“You have been saying that for the past 10 minutes, Logan, and it does not change the article or make you any less of a douche.” Jorge said cockily.

“What a friend you are.”

“I know.” Jorge grinned sheepishly. “So, Logan, you laid Kyle’s wife?” He asked, holding back his laughter.

“Shut up!” Logan said through gritted teeth, and Jorge broke into fits of laughter.

They were currently seated in Logan's office after Jorge ‘dropped by' since he was around the area. Logan knew there was something wrong with Jorge because even though he laughed and acted like his usual self, there was no light in his eyes and sometimes he wandered off.

There was a soft knock on the door and both heads snapped to the door. “Use the back door!” Jorge shouted when Logan did not say anything.

“Shut up, Jorge. Come in!” Logan said.

The door opened and Natalia walked in, her face slightly red. Logan held her gaze for a second; he was still not talking to her after the whole MJ Billings saga. Natalia gave him a sad smile and stared down at the package in her hand. “Uhm…Mr Parker, this came for you.” She handed him a bouquet of flowers and a card.

Logan took it and placed it on the table, and gave her a stoic look. “Next time, send my PA to bring my messages.” He said sternly.

Hurt flashed in Natalia’s eyes, but she sucked it up and grinned at Logan. “I would have if your PA was anywhere in sight.” She said sarcastically and walked out of his office, slamming the door shut in the process.

Jorge had zoomed out during the entire interaction; he could not stop thinking about his fight with MJ. It was the first time they ever had a fight, and it was bad. “What happened to your cheek?” Logan asked the question he had been dying to ask since his friend arrived.

Jorge cleared his throat and looked around Logan’s office as if searching for something important. “I fell down the stairs.” He said in a gruff voice.

Logan narrowed his eyes at him. “The last time you came up with such a lame excuse, Nadia from the cheerleaders’ team had punched you.” He said dryly.

“She hadn’t punched me.” Jorge said defensively, starting to dislike the turn this conversation was taking. Before Logan could speak, he asked, “Aren’t you going to read that?” Logan knew he was trying to change the topic, but he brushed it off and picked up the card.

His eyes roamed over the words written in the card, and he clenched his jaw. “That bitch!” He cussed and ran his tongue over his teeth.

Jorge snatched the card away from him and read it out loud. “Karma’s definitely a bitch - Sasha-Lee Van der Merwe.” Logan threw him a glare, but he just continued as if nothing happened. “Yeah, definitely an A-class bitch.” Jorge said and nodded in agreement.

Logan pressed his lips together and closed his eyes, wondering how he ended up becoming best friends with Jorge Billings of all people. Jorge was a very nice person, with a very good sense of humour, but unfortunately, his friends found him annoying.

He was the type of friend that you missed when he was far but wished he never came when he was around. The type of friend who made you feel more crap than you already were when you have done wrong, and the type of friend who told you the truth no matter how deep it hurts. He was the type of friend who would try by all means to make you smile while inside, he was dying.