ᵉˡᵉᵛᵉⁿ ˣᴵ

CHAPTER 11

YOU DIE IF YOU TRY

kenzie has learnt to understand her new 'abilities' but struggles to understand how and why she has them

kenzie has learnt to understand her new 'abilities' but struggles to understand how and why she has them. but she definatly knows he dad was trying to hide them from her in the form of fake medication. 'placeboes'. she arrives home one day, after drawing at the park. she wanted to drop some things off before hanging in town with stan and richie. but she notices the doors open.

"hello?" she says as she walks in. she chucks her stuff upstairs and starts to head out, when she looks into the kitchen and notices her dad sitting at the table. "hey kenzie." he says in a soft, calm tone. "hi daddy" she sighs. "where are you sneaking off to?" he grumbles.

"i-i'm just going out with my friends," kenz whimpered. she was terrified of her dad, as he was an ex soldier in the army, and now an alcaholic. "have you taken your medication?" he asks, standing up and walking towards her. "y-yes" she lies. kenzie then turns and starts to head out when her father reaches over and latches onto her arm, squeezing it.

"you look prettied up, where you off to?" he asks again. "like i said, with my friends" she replys "what do you mean prettied up? i wear these all the time" 

"your hair, curled" he says, staring daggers. "my hair has natural waves daddy" she whispers. he squeezes her arm tighter. "you hanging with boys?" he asks, his tone getting deeper. "yeah, but-"

"what did i say?" he says, cutting her off. "daddy, they aren't like that! theres another girl that hangs with us too-"

"who? miss beverly marsh?" he says. she looks up at him, fear in her blue ocean eyes. "shes a good person daddy" 

he starts to chuckle. "you're not leaving this house you hear me!" he yells. "and for the last time where are your pills!" he yells. kenzie nose starts to bleed, which is unusual because it usually bleeds when she uses her abilities.

his emotionless eyes dart down to the blood. "you haven't had a nose bleed in 10 years young lady, WHERE ARE YOU PILLS?!" he yells. she grabs his hand and busts it off her grasp. she runs into a shelf of books and it falls down.

"of all the things i've done for you this is how you repay me!" he hisses. tears start to stream down her face and she runs into her room. she slams it shut and runs to the corner. 

"COME HERE YOU BITCH" 

she locks the door with her mind and starts to cry. she can hear her father banging against the door trying to open the door. "OPEN THE DOOR!" he shouts. 

he eventually busts it open and starts to walk up to her. "I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU BITCH!" he shouts. she puts her hands over her ears and screams, so loud it bursts her fathers eardrums. it then sends a shockwave through her room and flings her father backwards. 

his neck cracks and he drops dead. kenzie stands up, her hand covering her mouth. "holy shit, oh fuck" she gasps. she wipes her tears and nose and turns around. 

pennywise suddenly grabs her wrist and neck. "time to float!" she tilts her head and sees a metal object flying towards her, then black out.

✰♫

"where is mackenzie? she is never late!" richie worrys and starts to pace. "shes probably just caught up richie-" stan starts.

"caught up! shes been late for an hour stanley!" he snaps. "i'm going to check on her" he jumps back onto his bike and races down the street before stanley could even think about stopping him.

the two boys arrive at her home, the front door is wide open. the boys look at each other and then run in. 

"hello?" stan yells.

"mackenzie?" richie shouts, "kat? mr brooks!" 

they search the first floor and then can't find her. they then peer into her room, the door creeking open. richie turns around and gets a fright, at mr brookes dead body, blood leaking out of his back. "holy fuck!" he shouts.

"uh richie," stan shakes, "whats that?" he points to the celiling of kenzies bedroom and his eyes widen

there written in thick, red blood is: "YOU DIE IF YOU TRY"

"holy shit. holy shit!" stan yells and grabs richies arm, as he is frozen in place. he pulls him outside when he notices richie having a full panic attack. "holy fuck! holy fucking shit! this is my fault! holy fuck!" richie shouts.

"richie, calm the fuck down!" stan yells. "calm down!? its got kenzie, and whats the bet none of the group will want to go find her, so it will be you in me in a crack head house. and thats not a good combo!" 

"richie! shes our friend, and so is the rest of the group, they will help us" he says and straddles his bike.

"now move it tozier!"