ⁿⁱⁿᵉ ᴵˣ

CHAPTER 9 ;

NO NEXT TIME BILL!

"you! you did this to him!" mrs k screeches as she holds eddie

"you! you did this to him!" mrs k screeches as she holds eddie. "you know how delicate he is" 

"we were attacked m-m-mrs k-" bill starts when she shoves eddie into her car. "no! don't try and blame anyone!" 

kenzie looks down at eddie, who is too embarresed to look at anyone. he starts to sob quietly. she drops her keys and beverly bends down to pick them up, "let me help-" "GET BACK!" 

"oh i've heard of you miss marsh. and i don't want a dirty girl like you touching my son" 

"mrs k, i s-s-" bill starts when he is cut off again. "NO! you are all monsters! and eddie is done with you, do you hear. DONE!" she yells as she goes into her car, slamming the door shut. the car tyers screech as she pulls out and drives away, leaving the losers club watching them on the road. mouths hung ajar.

kenzie gets mad at her, not even acknologing the fact that ben is cut open, and she has cuts and bruises all over her face. they all do. 

"i saw the well. w-w-we know where it is, an-and next time we will be better prepared." bill says trying to motivate the group. "No! no next time bill. you're insane!" stan yells. 
"why? we all know no one else is going to do anything!" beverly says.

"eddie and kenzie were almost brutally murdered! and look at this motherfucker! hes leaking hamburger helper!" richie yells pointing to bens stomach. "we can't pretend its going to go away, ben you said it yourself, it comes back every 27 years!"

"fine! i'll be 40 and far away from here!" he argues. "i thought you said you wanted to get out of this town too." beverly looks at the group frustrated, "because i want to run towards something, not away."

"i'm sorry who invited molly ringwald into the group?" richie says annoyed, beverly flips him off. "richie-" stan starts.

"i'm just saying, lets face facts. realworld. georgie is dead! stop trying to get us killed too" richie says starting to walk away.

"georgies not dead!" bill yells, shoving him. "you couldn't save him, but you could still save yourself." richie sighs. 

"no! t-t-take it back!" bill yells, shovig him once more. "you're scared, a-and we all are but take it back!" he pushes him harder. richie runs up and shoves him again. bill walks up to him and punches richie in the face. "bill!" kenzie yells.

richie stands up trying to attack, but mike and stan hold him back. "you're all just a bunch of losers! fuck off!" 

"richie stop!" kenzie yells, mike and ben holding bill back. 

"stop!" beverly yells as richie pushes away mike and stan. "this is what it wants! it wants to divide us. we were all together when we heard it, thats why we're still alive!" 

"yeah?! well i plan to keep it that way" richie yells as he pushes past bill."richie!" kenzie yells, chasing after him. 

"richie-" she says as he grabs his arm. "what? you on his side?" he spat. "no, i was just want to talk to you."

"sorry to break it to ya, but nows not a good time" he hissed as he hopped onto his bike. he wanted to talk to her, he needed some comfort. but he didn't know how to ask.

she chases after him on his bike, eventually leading to his house. "please richie! i need to talk to you, its serious" she yells. he scoffs and opens the door. it suddenly slams closed again. startled, he turns and sees kenzie with a blood nose. "i need to talk to you."

✰♫

he ran into his house, shoving some dirty clothes off his desk into a wardobe and he puts his drawings of kenzie he made in his drawers. he invites her in and they both sit on his bed. "what is it kenzie?" he asks.

"well, you know how i've been having blood noses?" she sighs. he nods. "well i feel like my medication was to prevent something to do with that, you know?"

he arches an eyebrow. "well today, you know how i snapped pennywises neck?" she says.

"that was you?" he says, eyes widened. she nods. "and i slammed the door before we came in here?" 

he looks at her confused. she sighs, "just watch"

she looks at him, and focuses on a book resting on richies desk behind her. it starts to float, and blood starts to trickle down her nose. his eyes widen, darting from the book to kenzie and back. 

"thats you?!" he shouts. she looks at him and the book falls. "yes"

"i had a feeling that my dad was trying to cover these 'abilities' from me, like when it pretended to me my mom, she told me i could have saved her and stuff, i just don't understand."

richie feels himself leaning closer to her, kenzie gets the vibe and starts to aswell. they are almost touching noses when richies mom calls out. "RICHIE? ARE YOU HOME?" she shreiks.

they both jolt up and look around like nothing happened. "YES MOM, MY FRIEND IS HERE TOO!" he shouts. theres a faint "okay" and they look back at eachother, richie a bit flustered. 

"i-i should head out, wanna meet up or something tomorrow?" she asks as she stands up. "uh yeah sure? meet at the arcade at 11?" he asks. she nods. she starts to head out when she notices a watercolor painting of her sitting where the book was.

"you okay?" richie asks. "oh uh yeah! see you tomorrow" she says with a wink. she skips out, jumps on her bike and pedals home.