21

Cyrus POV

i had no idea it was going to turn out like that. i was so shocked i mean i didn't even know what to say. i just let her talk. i only said like three sentences. i knew i should have made her stay home.

but at the same time, she needed to get that out of her system. then there's that whole issue about something that happened at her fifteenth birthday. i have no idea what that ment. it must have been something pretty big.

she didn't even say a word the way home. i tried to make her talk to me. but it was no use, i watched her go up the stairs. i knew she needed time to be alone right now. and i was going to give that to her.

"what happened?" James looked at me for answers.

i ran my hands down my face with a groan. " it was awful, i have never seen her so angry" i tell him.

" i knew i shouldn't have said anything" he sighed.

" no she deserved to hear it from you,not the media. but the only good thing that happened was that she got them to drop the law suit." i tell him.

"well what's the bad news?" he looked hesitant to ask.

"there was a lot of yelling and it was pretty hard to get a word in. but they where awful people i can tell you that." i hated to tell him this.

"oh don't you know it that woman was so rude to her at the store. i wanted to smash her face in. And that's saying something cause i am not. violent person but she was awful" mom stepped in.

james didn't get to reply there was a rappid knocking on the door. i knew i wasn't expecting anybody. but i went to see who it was. i opened the door and there was a frantic looking Layla.

she kicked her shoes off before she burst up the stairs. i didn't even get to say hi. Aurora must have called her over.

"was that Layla?" mom asked.

" ya" i closed the door.

"well why don't you come eat. i saves you guys some we can bring her up some diner in a while. give her some time to gather her thoughts." mom ushered me into the kitchen.

i sat down and mom placed a plate of spaghetti and garlic bread and salad down in front of me.

"thanks mom" i thanked her.

"no problem dear, now why don't you explain what happened" mom suggested.

" it was so crazy, there was so much yelling. they denied a lot of stuff she said. until she mention her fifteen birthday party. then they just went white as a ghost. there was something big that happened because child protective services was involved." i tell them.

"what" James yelled.

i nodded my head as i started to eat.

"was all that was said? she didn't mention what happened?" he had this massive look of guilt on his face.

" no i have no idea, she's never mentioned it to me. i can assume Layla knows cause they have  been friends forever. that's probably why Layla is here." i tell them.

"maybe i should go talk to her" James looked hesitant.

"no i think we just need to give her some time. she will come down when she's ready" mom was right.

so that's what we did, we all waited down stairs for what like hours. but wasn't that long. before we saw Layla coming down the stairs.

"how is she?" i asked her.