24

Canyon POV

"did you say he's upset about Sam?" Mom asked once I came back into view. 

I look at CJ, I wasn't sure if I should tell her.

"Don't look at him, your mom asked you a question." Dad was the one to talk.

"ya, she broke up with him." I knew I had to come clean.

Mom and Dad looked shocked at what happened. 

"When?" Mom asked again.

"the next day I guess, but we only just found out." CJ was the one to say.

"is there more?" mom must have seen the look on my face but this time i really did not feel it was my place to share this.

"i really dont think its my place to say" i was honest. 

mom sighed but nodded, i was glad she understood. but dad i am not sure he did, he had a stewing look on his face.  

"before or after?" dad finally deiced to ask.

"what?" i think i knew what he was getting at but i was not totaly sure.

"after" CJ was the one to answer and i was right.

dad sat down and ran a had through his hair.

"i am confused before or after what?" mom looked between us.

dad looked at her and she intently clicked into what we where talking about. her eyes widened and she to sat down.

"still dose not make his attiude right though." dad added after a few moments of slilence. 

"well to be fair you did crack the whip pretty hard" i muttered under my breath.

"i dont understand mummbling." mom says.

"its nothing" i brushed it off.

"no its not you said something." she raised her eyebrows.

"i said you cracked down on the whip pretty hard." i rushed out as i knew i was no getting out of this any time soon.

"do you understand how worried we where?" mom voiced.

"yes i do, cause i was just as worried. but it was his first time breaking curfrew. and you guys know he's a smart kid, and you did not even try to listen to what he has to say. and i get what he did was wrong, but maybe he just feels why now. i mean i would want a chance to explain my side plead my case a bit." i know this might get me in trouble but i think maybe they needed some outside perpective. 

mom and dad both looked at me, and i was ready to hear them tell me to go to my room or something. but it never happened, they both let out a sigh. then they both stood up and i figured they were going to try and talk to Cruz.

"to honest?" i asked Cj once they were out of sight.

"can i expect anything less from you?" he shakes his heas.

"true" i said then looked up the stairs.

"lets go" he shocked me by saying, i thought i was going to have to pull his leg.

i grinned and we went up the stairs, crept down in front of his door. which was slightly opended.

"what do you want now." Cruz groaned.

"to talk" mom says and i saw them both move to sit on his bed.

"dont feel like it" was his smart ass response.

"well to bad, this has gone on long enough."dad stepped in.

"we relize that maybe we might have jumped the gun a bit to quickly. but before you say anything. you have to understand that we were so worried, anything could have happend to you." mom put forth.

"i get that, but you guys never even gave me a chance to tell you what happened." Cruz defnded.

"well we are listening now." mom placed a hand on his leg.

"whats the point now." he scoffed and moved his leg away.

"so we can get a clearer picture about what happened between you and sam" mom went right for it.

"like i said theres no point, Sam and i broke up. simple as that" he states.

"clealry not if your acting this way." dad stepped in.

"i dont want to talk about this anymore." Cruz complined.

"to bad we are not leaving yet" mom moved so she was sitting right beside Cruz who was laying.

he groaned and tried to move away, but mom wrapped her arms around her before he could.

" we know what happened honey, and i am sure it has to be very upestting. we just want you to talk to us." she pleaded her case.

"well since you know there is nothing to talk about." he was clearly deflecting.

"yes there is, your hurting. so you can tell us about your feelings. so you can stop being so angry." mom was just pushing.

"i cant just stop being angry" Cruz did make a fair point.

"i meant at your family, we are only trying to help you. but you have every right to be angry or even sad too." mom added.

"things seemed fine after, i dont know what i did wrong" Cruz finally opened up.

"you cant put the blame on yourself." dad voiced.

"kind of hard not to." he muttered.

"did she say why she wanted to break up?" mom asked and to be honest i was wondring this myself. 

"no she just was all worked up, said we wanted diffrent things and that it was over." he tells them.

"have you tried to talk to her?" mom asked.

"how can i you took my phone away, and she wont even look at me in the hall ways at school." he explained  to them. which in a way did he was not wrong.

"maybe we should give them some privacy" CJ voiced.

i knew he was right i figured we had heard enough already, so i nod and then we moved away form his room.