Delivery Girl

I had been looking for a job ever since my stepdad started threatening me. He would say things that just sent chills down my spine. Everyday at three o clock I would go and eat lunch with Mikey and spend the rest of the day with him.

One time he tried to show me a note on the bass.

Ha!

I wasn't meant for instruments.

"How's the job hunting going?" he asks.

"Oh...you know. Not good." I frown. He puts his arm around my shoulder and kisses my cheek.

I feel a blush rise up my cheeks and suddenly my mood is better.

The phone rings and it's Mikey's of course. Because I can't afford mine.

"Hello?" he says. He raises his eyebrows in the funny way he moves them.

"For you...." he says.

For me?

"Hello?" I speak into Mikey's phone.

"Uh...are you Maxine Goodson." someone says.

"Yes."

"Well...I'm calling from Pixxi Pizza. You filled an application for the open delivery position."

I hold my breath as he continued to talk.

"Well you got the job do we'll see you tomorrow at five pm."

As soon as he has hung up I jump up and hug Mikey tightly.

"Ahhh!!!! Mikey I got the job!!!"

"That is great!!" he says to me.

••••••••••••••••

THE NEXT DAY

I enter the pizza place and there is only one man reading a magazine leaning against the counter.

"You Maxine?" he says eyeing me in a way I really don't like.

"Yes."

"Welcome!" he says coming out and walking up to me. He hands me a blue collared shirt.

"I'm Ron." he says and holds his hand out. I shake it and smile.

"So basically this is the counter. " he starts showing me around. "This is the box.....you won't be touching that...and this is your place." he says. There are bags of pizza cases that keep them warm on the way. Then there is another box and that's practically it. Oh and there is a small key holder.

The rest of the evening I come in and out of the pizza place getting horrible looks from Ron. He keeps looking and my chest and eyeing me.

Once we close the store he smiles and slides his hand around my waist.

"So....what do you do for fun at night?" he asks. I push him away softly and wave at Mikey who is waiting for me in his car (which he doesn't really use).

"Sleep." I say and practically run to Mikey's car.

"Why did that guy just touch you like that?" he snaps.

"I don't know..." I say quietly.

"Well tell me if anything else happens. " he goes on reverse. "I can come and talk to him."

"Thank you Mikey." I smile and reach up to kiss his cheek quickly. He drives me home and I yawn as I climb up the stairs.

"I'm home....." I say but then im not greeted by my stepfather who usually lays in the couch but two officers.

"Miss Goodson?" one of them says.

I nod.

"Your stepfather and mother have been arrested."

------////////-------

Comment vote and stuff :)