Horrible Feelings

"Miss Goodson." Sarrah placed her hands on the envelope with my name on it.

"Please do not make a scandal here. You can find another job with your good habits."

I wiped the years that were rapidly coming out of my eyes.

"But I want this job!" I cries.

She shook her head.

"I am truly sorry but Emma has filed a harassment complaint towards you...."

"But I didn't call her a bitch or laid a hand on her!" I say.

"She-"

"Please Sarrah." Mikey says. He's been quiet throughout the conversation until now.

Supposedly Emma felt 'harassed' by me. Supposedly I hit her. I yelled insults at her.

And because of her stupid lies.

I am being fired.

"Mr. Way do not interfere." she snaps. "Now would you see if she gets home safely?"

Mikey sighs.

He takes ahold of my hand and leads me to the elevators.

I catch one last glimpse at the office.

Emma is standing besides Alan laughing.

At me.

I don't cry until we get to the cafe where we usually meet up.

That's where I start to cry and I bury my face into Mikey's chest.

He says nothing as I pour out my tears onto him. Soaking his jacket.

He rubs my back and keeps handing me tissues.

"I have a huge debt Mikey!" I say. "Collage is being more expensive that I thought and I've had to ask money......"

"We'll figure it out Maxie....don't worry...." he says in a soft soothing voice.

"Promise me you'll never leave my side...I need you more than ever now." I say.

"I will never leave your side." he says.

••••••••••••••••••••

"Dave I need to talk to you." I say as I enter the apartment.

He raises his eyebrows as sits up on the couch.

"Talk bitch."

I ignore that comment.

"I lost my job so-"

"You what?" he asks looking at me with a deadly glare.

My lips are trembling. Why does he have to put me through this.

I sigh and take a deep breath.

"I lost my....job so-"

He gets up and slaps me.

And I decide I've had enough.

"Don't you dare hit me!" I shout. He stops and grins.

"Fine." he says and take his belt out. "I won't hit you."

He holds his belt up high.

"Nah. Because a girl who can't keep her fucking job should get hit. Because she's such a dumbass she can't even pay for her fucking collage.."

I back up silently. I can run and find Mikey before Dave whips me.

But when I make a run for the door the belt impacts my cheek leaving a stinging trail behind it.

"Oww." I groan and crawl for the phone.

But he steps on my hand.

"I've had enough of your stupid attitude. I'll make you a women so maybe then you'll change that stupid attitude of yours."

•••••••••••••••

Mikey's POV

I had a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach.

It was a horrible feeling. It felt like I needed to help someone.

That someone needed my help.

Maybe it was Maxine. She was upset. And she looked scared when I took her home.

I picked up my ratty old bass and I start to play a Misfits song. But I can't keep focus. I keep messing up and I keep having that feeling.

I make myself some food and the feeling just increases.

I call Maxine. But she doesn't answer. I don't know what to do.

I fall asleep on the couch and when I wake up. It's late.

But I had the strangest dream.

Maxine was in it. She was hugging me. Crying like she was after she got fired. But instead of going to where she lives we went to a building in the nice part of this neighborhood. But when we entered, it looked the same as my apartment but there were a couple of things what looked like to be Maxine's belongings.

Now....I haven't exactly broke the news to Maxine that I'm in love with her. So in the dream I guess I already had. We sat closely together on the couch like we usually do.

But we were even more close. She was softly kissing my cheek. She seemed to glow with happiness, something I haven't seen in her since....forever.

---------------

Comment vote and stuff :)