A Careless Mistake

*A Week Later*

I have no idea how to get Alan out of my tail. Seriously. He texts me everyday. He wants to take me out everyday and when I say yes we always end up kissing.

He not a bad kisser but I don't feel that way for him.

I have feelings for Mikey.

And that's killing me. I buy chinese food for two and I remember two get soy sauce for Dave.

I enter the apartment and he has only drank a single beer. I silently serve him food and leave it on the coffee table with the soy sauce.

I'm serving myself when there's a doorbell.

I freeze. No one comes here. Except for my mom and sometimes my sister.

I go and open the door slightly and Alan is standing there with a bouquet of roses.

Oh fuck.

"Alan can you go away!" I whisper as quietly as possible.

"What?" he says in a loud voice. I cringe. I hear the couch creak and Dave is next to me glaring at Alan.

"Who the fuck are you?" he snaps.

Alan widens his eyes and holds his hand out.

"Hello sir. My name is Alan. I'm Maxine's boyfriend."

I ball my fists wanting to seriously hurt Alan.

"Boyfriend huh?" Dave says grinning down at me.

"I just came to invite her to dinner." he says holding the flowers to me.

I smile and take them politely.

"Well Maxine can't go but maybe some other time?" he says. Alan nods and leaves. As soon as Dave hears the door to the apartment building shut, he grabs me by the collar and pulls me to the floor.

"Boyfriend huh?" he kicks my stomach.

"He's not!" I shout and he kicks my hand and then goes and sits on the couch taking a big gulp of beer. I run to my room with my throbbing hand.

It's all red and when I try to move it I feel a terrible pain on my wrist.

When I go to sleep I carefully place my hand in a comfortable position where it won't get smashed by my body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My wrist hurts a lot. I can't move it. Heck. I can't even touch it.

I walk to the café where I'm meeting Mikey. He's outside with he hands in his pockets. When he sees me he smiles.

Oh his smile.

It makes my stomach go wild with butterflies.

He kisses my cheek sending fireworks through my body.

I have my wrist in my pocket and when Mikey moves aside to let a person pass.....

He bumps into me causing me to scream in pain. He jumps and looks at me.

"What's wrong Maxie?" he says. He looks at me concerned.

How can I possibly hide my injured wrist? From him?

I slowly take my bruised wrist and wince at the pain.

"Oh my god!" he says and carefully examines it.

"I think it's broken....." he says.

"Nah...it's probably just....badly bruised." I say.

He pokes it and I shriek out in pain.

"C'mon. I'll take you to a hospital or doctor." he says grabbing my shoulder. I don't resist. As we walk he starts asking questions.

"How'd it happen?" he asks.

"I fell down the stairs." I say.

"I don't believe you." he says sharply.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because you hurt your shoulder by falling down the stairs too. And I know this isn't a coincidence." .

I used the same excuse! How could I be so careless!

"M-maybe....I'm clumsy...." I stutter.

"Maybe you should tell me what really happened."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Doctors examine me and tell me I have a broken wrist. They used a fancy name for it.

They put my hand well my whole forearm in a cast.

They won't let me go just yet and they keep looking at Mikey.

"Is he your boyfriend?" one of the nurses asks.

"No." I say. She raises an eyebrow.

"Honey. If you are suffering domestic violence. Talk. Don't keep it shut." she says.

"We have help here-"

"Sorry but I'm not suffering domestic violence." I lie.

"I just fell down the stairs and my kind friend insisted I come here."

She nods hesitantly and leaves.

They finally let me leave and a mad Mikey takes me to his house.

"Now tell me what happened."

|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment vote and stuff :)