The Last Day Of Normality

"I love you more." I talked into the phone.

"My god Maxie...how many times do I have to tell you I love you more?" Mikey says. I laugh and then I look at the calendar next to the bed.

"I can't wait till you get back from Jersey....it's been two weeks!" I sigh.

"I know....and I wished you could've come with me...." he says. "Maybe we could have visited your hometown."

Mikey and I come from different cities in New Jersey. They're very close to each other.

"For what?"

"I don't know...."

"Anyways....just called to say that...I miss you and I love you...can't wait to see you on Thursday." I say. We say our goodbyes and I get ready for work.

I put on my jeans and my orange polo short with the blue logo of Pixxi Pizza. I notice I'm running out of clothes. I haven't gone back to the apartment for the rest of my clothes and I don't really know what's the news with my mom and Dave.

I look at the clock in Mikey's kitchen and see that I have plenty of time to stop by and come back with some of the rest of my clothes.

I put some cat food in Kat's bowl. He's sleeping right now.

As I walked to the apartment I think how funny it was now that I was wearing jeans and a simple orange blouse instead of my office clothes.

I would wear a pencil skirt, a white ruffled blouse. A blazer. And flats.

But I didn't have any hate towards Emma. I actually am sort of glad that she did what she did because if it wasn't for her. Mikey and me probably wouldn't be together right now.

I stand outside the apartment and search my bag for the old keys.

But the door opens before I find the keys.

"Where the fuck have you been?!"

"Get your hands off me!" I shout and struggle to get Dave's hand away from.

"Don't speak to me like that you bitch!" he shouts and pushes me actually grabs me by the shoulder and smashes me against the wall.

My wrist barely recovered and now my elbow had hit the wall really hard. Tears were coming out of my eyes and not because I was sad or mad. The pain was horrible.

He grabs me again and pushes me to the other side of the room very close to the door. And thank god for it. I quickly open the door and run towards the exit.

When I look back Dave is running towards me.

"Stop!" I shout and the door looks so close.

So close.

But he manages to grab me from my waist and drags me inside the apartment.

-------///--/---------/////

There it is! The chapter.

The last day of normality......