Happy Birthday

"Happy Birthday Ri"
Lucas said whilst handing me my present.

Ri is the nickname he calls me sometimes.

"What is it?" I smiled.
It was a small dark purple box and had a silver ribbon tying it tightly together.
"When you open it you'll find out"
I paused and looked at him.
"You do know there's no need of getting me anything. Right?"
"Yeah. I know... but... Just open it."
I carefully untied the sparkling silver ribbon and paused before opening the box. I looked up at Lucas and smiled. He winked back at me. Slowly I picked up the top half of the box, it reviled a locket. A golden locket. When I looked back up at Lucas he turned his head to look the opposite direction.
"It's beautiful Lucas"
He didn't say anything, instead he took locket out from the box and placed it round my neck; he placed his arms round my hips.
"Look inside the locket" he suggested
Slowly I brought the locket from down at my neck, and pulled to up to my face. I slipped my nail thought the tiny gap and opened it.
A picture of myself, him, Miya (My best friend who moved to London a few years ago) and Farkle (A close friend who I've stopped talking to when I left college) from around 8 years ago was placed neatly inside.
I smiled "Thank you. It's beautiful. Brings back so many memories."
He smiled.
"Hope you like it."
"I love it."
"Good."
He held me round my hips, I wrapped my arms around his neck and we both looked into one another's eyes.