Stay With Me

Okay so this is a shorter update to hold you guys while I work on a longer one! The longer one is called Corrupted and it's a brilliant request from one of you lovely readers <3

May has no idea Peter is Spider-Man, only that he is Tony's intern and the two are very close.

Basically, I've mixed Miles' and Peter's stories to create this. Some of you familiar with Miles' story can guess where this is going.

We get a really happy ending <3

"I'm going to school now! I'll see you later, Mr. Stark!" Peter called, grinning as he slung his backpack over one shoulder.

A few days ago, Peter had slept over at the compound. It wasn't an abnormal experience - he did it a lot now, and May was catching on to the fact that Tony cared about him as more than a mentor: rather, as a father.

"Love you!" Tony had said, quickly and impulsively as he opened the door and Peter jumped out of the car in front of Midtown. The boy, momentarily stunned, hadn't said anything.

It had seemed like it would be a normal day.

"I'll see you after school, kid," Tony told Peter, a bit awkwardly. The boy flung his arms around Tony, smiling. "See you, Mr. Stark."

Ironic that, after everything, Peter still referred to him as Mr. Stark, not Tony.

"You didn't have to come in your fanciest car," Peter told him, wrinkling his nose in amusement as Tony grinned with pride at him as he leaned against the car door. People were gaping at them as Tony reached out and ruffled the boy's hair, smirking. "Embarrassed?" He asked smugly. "Awkward," Peter had corrected, sending a wary glance over his shoulder as Ned waved a goodbye to him next to MJ, who just flipped them both off.

Tony only wished the day could be as nice as it had started. Sadly, the universe had something against Tony Stark, and couldn't let him be happy for long.

Curious and shocked eyes had watched as Tony slid back into the car, Peter clambering in the other side.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Word has it there's a new villain on the streets," Peter said, looking up from his web shooters with an adorable grin underneath still-ruffled hair.

If only Tony had taken it more seriously.

"Yeah? What about 'em?" Tony had asked, moving toward Peter almost defensively, in spite of the safety of the lab. He wasn't letting Peter get hurt again.

Tony was wrong.

And he wasn't the one to pay for it.

"They have something against me. I think they're a hitman or something. Well, not a man, per say."

A woman, Peter had told him. Someone who was tracking Spider-Man and attempting to kill him. It wasn't exactly out of the ordinary though.

"She calls herself Lady Prowler."

It was an odd name, of course. But most criminals did have titles like that.

"Got a lot of tech. She's really efficient, and I've only seen her a few times."

Tony was assured enough to assume that Stark tech would easily outmatch this "Lady Prowler" tech, no matter what.

"Hey, so uh I was on patrol, right? But Lady Prowler is on me. I haven't lost her yet. Can you come help quickly?" Tony was out of the room in a flash.

It should've been faster.

There was an earsplitting crash as an explosion rocked the thankfully empty streets. But Tony was wrong, he realized too late. It wasn't quite empty. A small figure was blasted into the wall and lay crumpled on the ground now. A shadow shifted behind him.