Jealousy

So we got an unrequested here guys but I needed inspiration and I found some.

Harley shows up at the Tower... and Peter's a bit jealous.

Just a bit. It was supposed to be the weeks that he and Mr. Stark hung out, anyways.

But as he gets to know Harley, he decides that Harley needs as much time with his father figure as possible...

And then, lo and behold, someone new gets jealous.

Peter fiddled with his thumbs as he waited, slouched in a chair. Tony was supposed to be here a few hours ago, but he hadn't shown up. They had been talking about these two weeks for ages. But recently Tony was always calling someone on his phone, and ignoring Peter. And now Peter had a ton of homework, and his father figure, despite his promise, was not there to help.

The minutes ticked past, and Peter got tired of waiting. He had gotten back from school 3 hours ago, and Tony had promised that he would help with Peter's homework and then they could hang out in the lab. That's what they had planned a few weeks ago, anyways.

"Peter!" Tony yelled from outside the room.

Peter shot to his feet, flinging the door open excitedly.

Standing there was Tony, grinning, with an arm flung around a guy he'd never seen before. He had pale skin, dark hair, and blue eyes, and he was looking at Peter patronizingly. Peter hated it.

"So, you must be Peter," The boy said, smiling at him.

Peter, remembering his manners, nodded and smiled, sticking out a hand. "Yeah! Nice to meet you. What's your name?" He asked, forcing as much brightness into the words.

"I'm Harley. Keener. Nice to meet you too, kid. Tony's talked about you some," He said casually, accepting Peter's outstretched hand. Peter blinked. "U-uh, cool. Mr. Stark's talked about you a ton, too. Always said you were amazing," He said, trying his best to be polite.

"Mhm," Harley said, somewhat dismissively. Harley then turned to Tony. "Anyways, what were you saying?" He asked. Tony smiled, and said something about mechanics of the Iron Man suit, which Peter zoned out of. He had heard the logistics so much, he could probably make a suit himself.

"Uh, Mr. Stark... were we going to go to the lab? Or do homework...?" Peter asked, trailing off. Tony smiled sadly. "Well, I have to show Harley around the Tower. It was a spur-of-the-moment trip, and he doesn't really know a ton about the place."

Peter nodded, ignoring the twinge of envy in the bottom of his stomach. Of course Tony would have to show Harley around. Peter couldn't expect to be Tony's priority all the time. Heck, it was crazy that he was ever Tony's priority. So he'd have to suck it up.

"Okay! Have fun, then!" Peter exclaimed, forcing a smile.

He returned to the chair as Tony guided Harley out of the room, chatting animatedly.

Peter would have to figure out the homework on his own, then.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

A couple hours later, Peter still had no idea how to do the homework. He'd given up and retreated to his room, when Tony walked in.

"Hey, kid," He said. Peter looked up excitedly. "Yeah, Mr. Stark?" Was he finally going to help with Peter's homework?

"Look. I know it's going to be a bit weird with Harley around, but I just needed to make sure you weren't... I dunno, jealous."

Peter paused. Lie, or not?

"Don't worry about it, Mr. Stark. It's perfectly fine," Peter finally said. Tony smiled. "Okay, good. I just needed to know, because yeah, I like him a lot, but I like you a lot too, and there's no reason for you to need to be jealous."