Kind of Like A Home (Fix-It)

Far From Home/Endgame fix-it. Lots of angst and drama, but also a ton of fluff. Let's just go with Natasha's still alive because they returned the stones. Peter's secret identity is still intact though. Very superfamily, civil war didn't really happen. Peter primarily lives at the Compound, but since Endgame he was over more at May's. 

Mysterio was dead.

Probably.

Peter had just finished destroying the rest of the drones and found a recording device, which he promptly disposed of. He didn't want any more truth to be twisted around. 

That was an excellent decision, even though he didn't know it.

"Mr. Parker, someone has entered the premises," EDITH told him quickly through the glasses. Peter narrowed his eyes, searching through the destruction for a hint of movement. Was this just another trick?

When he finally caught a glimpse of a person, Peter was unprepared. 

"Hey, kid!" A familiar voice, soft with concern and happiness. 

Peter could barely form any words. "Mr. Stark?"

Tony's face broke into an grin. "The one and only!"

Peter inspected him, altogether confused and hopeful and yet utterly exhausted. 

"I know it's pretty crazy, I'm not dead, but I got hooked up with this super cool metal arm, it looks realistic, and-" "Stop." 

Tony broke off as soon as Peter spoke. Shock had registered in his eyes, as well as confusion. 

"You're not even real, are you? I already told you, you can't trick me anymore!" Peter said, searching for any sign of Beck in the ruins as he started to cry.

"W-what are you talking about? Underoos, I-" 

Peter stood up, gasping at the bullet wound as it sent waves of pain through him, and stalked toward Tony.

Well, not Tony.

"Stop. Playing. Dumb. I've had enough of your stupid games! You tried to kill me, and then kill every single person I've ever loved! Using the real  Mr. Stark's tech. And if that's not enough, you torture me - of course one of the last things you've said to me until now is that I'm a disappointment. And now  you try to do this? Haven't you done enough, Mr. Beck? "

Peter's voice was trembling through the whole thing, with a mixture of anger and sadness, tears starting to drip down his face.

"Kid, I'm not-" Tony reached out a hand placatingly. 

Peter flinched away. Hearing Tony's voice so injured and worried made it feel like the man was back alive. 

"Just leave me alone!" He yelled, clutching his mask in one hand so tightly that his knuckles were whitening and the fabric was starting to rip.

Peter turned to run away, leaving Tony standing there, alone.

 Leaving Mysterio there, with his last illusion he'd ever make now that Peter was back in control.

Tony's POV

"What the hell happened to you?"

Tony started to move after Peter, who was rapidly running out of view. 

Tony slowly raised a hand to his ear, where a small earpiece connected to FRIDAY was.

"Call the Avengers. We have an issue."

-------

Tony sat at the head of the table, staring at the people assembled.