Forget Me Not

I was trying to think of a good title for this and I'm 100% this was perfect. I'll explain at the end. Theories up here are perfectly accepted and I'd like to see them.

Organic webs!

I'm not a doctor. Don't come at me if any of this is incorrect.

Tony woke up in a place.

And all he knew was his name, so that was really fun right off the bat.

A kind-looking man was rushing around the room, before pausing beside him. 

"Tony!" He exclaimed gleefully. "You're awake!"

Tony nodded hesitantly. What the hell was going on?

"I am awake... who are you?" He asked, searching the man's face for signs of emotion. The man's face fell, and surprise registered in his eyes.

"My name is Bruce Banner," The doctor replied after a moment. "We- uh, we're friends. I'll explain in a moment... Helen?"

A woman rushed into the room, eyes landing immediately on Tony. 

"What's going on?" She - Helen, Tony assumed - inquired quickly. 

"There's a possibility of a form of amnesia... he doesn't remember who I am," Bruce explained. Helen's eyes narrowed as she turned to Tony.

"Don't be worried. I'm going to ask some questions quickly," Helen said reassuringly. 

Tony motioned for her to go on.

"Do you remember your name?" She asked. "Anthony Stark. But I prefer Tony." Helen nodded. "Do you know either of us? From before just now?" 

Tony shook his head, dropping eye contact.

"I'm going to bring you some people. If you recognize them, tell me. If not, it's okay."

Helen gestured for Bruce to open the door, and he stepped outside and started talking in a quiet voice.

Three people hesitantly stepped back in with Bruce.

Number one, a woman with ginger hair and a compassionate, if worried, smile.

Number two, a man with dark skin and a prosthetic leg and a wary look.

Number three, and perhaps the one Tony was most drawn to, a slightly scrawny boy with messy brown hair and brown eyes, forcing a smile that didn't quite hide the fear in his eyes.

Helen paused to look at Tony, who shook his head almost imperceptibly. 

It didn't look like anyone but Helen had seen it, until he saw the boy drop his eyes to the floor as a bit of pain slid into them.

Tony took a long look at the boy, trying to figure things out about him. There wasn't a lot to see.

His clothes were remarkably unruffled, as though he had recently changed into them. The messy hair indicated that he had been recently wearing something over his head - a hat? A mask? - and it had been hastily smoothed back. The boy's hands were fidgeting at his sides, likely from nerves. A last, quick glance showed a defeated slump of the shoulders, as though he had already expected the outcome, but was hoping it was different. It was a hint of acceptance, too, like he was accustomed to loss. 

Tony tried to draw conclusions about the others, but it was difficult. His attention kept being drawn back to the boy. Something was off about him. 

Dark bruises around the boy's throat. What were they from?

Tony's eyes widened and he felt a surge of protectiveness, which was odd. He decided to keep his mouth shut, though. 

"Tony?" The woman asked hesitantly. Tony's confusion must have showed on his face, because the woman swallowed determinedly. "My name is Pepper Stark. I'm your wife."