Fake It 'Till You Make It (Or Not)

Another thing I wanted to try, sorry for not writing requests right now. I mostly write the ones I feel up to or ones that I wanted to try that people haven't requested. Backstory: Only Ned and MJ know that Peter is the guy underneath the Spider-Man mask. Organic webs and stuff.

He has the camouflage of Miles Morales, as well as the electricity control. (This is important you may be confused.) He doesn't really know about it though.

Peter created the Spider-Man suit (the one mostly used in Homecoming), but Tony created a more improved version of it. Civil War never happened. May knows that Peter is bullied by Flash, but she assumes it has stopped, since Peter has started hiding his wounds.

Trigger warnings: Not Steve Appropriate (Language)

Spider-Man's identity is a huge secret. But when someone came out claiming to be the friendly vigilante, everyone believed it.

After all, the Thompsons were a very prestigious family. So when their son, Eugene, was revealed to be the hero, nobody questioned it.

Except, of course, the people who actually knew Spider-Man.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Peter wanted to either smack someone (Flash), or laugh in his face. Seriously, how could anyone believe that he was Spider-Man? More likely they were scared - too scared to speak up against such a rich family. Heck, if Peter weren't Spider-Man, he might be tempted to believe it himself.

Of course, Peter wasn't just going to let Flash continue pretending. He had made some sort of huge publicity scene about his official recruitment to the Avengers. When they needed him to go on a mission, he was probably dead. One, everyone thought his stickiness was from the suit. Two, they thought his webbing was man-made. Peter poked at the little tubes in his wrist. They must have some sort of thin flap, because they were invisible when he wasn't shooting webs. And three, Flash didn't have Peter's healing factor.

So, you add all these together and Flash is dead.

Oh yeah, there's also the minor inconvenience that Flash is using it as an excuse to beat the crap out of Peter.

Because logic.

Peter was walking home from school and he was pondering the options to expose Flash.

Wait for him to expose himself. Show up in the same room as him. Do a competition-style thing. Or, just prove that Peter, in fact, was Spider-Man.

Any of these would work.

Peter wouldn't have considered these yet if Flash hadn't just finished giving Peter a bruising. (It would be gone within the next 20 minutes or so.) Acting in self-defense, he had landed a punch on Flash's eye. It was already turning an ugly shade of purple when Peter had made a run for it. Then he had felt bad, because he had used his enhanced strength on a civilian.

He doubted Flash would feel the same.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Natasha was suspicious.

When the Avengers and Spider-Man had worked on missions together, the arachnid had always been so stiffly formal. He had called her "Ms. Natasha Black Widow Romanoff Ma'am", and Clint "Mr. Clint Hawkeye Barton Sir". He had only ever called Tony "Mr. Stark", but these shows of discomfort had always been present in the spider.

The Spider-Man showed up today and was apparently on a first name basis with them all, as if last time he'd seen them, he hadn't used these titles. His voice was different, too, as well as his body.